Word cannot open the document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
My grand daughter had opened a word document using Office 2003 sometime back for her project, Now when she tries to open the document she get message :
"Word cannot open the document. User does not have access privileges."
Need help to resolve this problem and open file
Thanks
Regards
Nariman

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
ur grand daughter is trying to access file of other user or she has created a new user in windows xp. try to logon as administrator or logon in same account you have created the file.

for more info click below link:
*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=308421

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
u r SENIOR... senor :D.. Nice 2 c ya :D

Let's try 3 ways...

Mayb u can try taking back ownership of the files:

1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode from the resulting menu.
4. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different. You won't be able to see the Internet, for instance. Log in as Administrator. Administrator often has no password.
5. In Windows Explorer (aka My Computer), right-click on a file you want to get access to and select Properties.
6. Click on the Security tab. (This may also be available with XP Professional normal mode, but not with XP Home). This will open up an entire realm of permissions.
PROCEED WITH CAUTION. IT MAY WELL BE POSSIBLE TO DO THINGS TO A CRITICAL WINDOWS FILE OR FOLDER SUCH THAT THE SYSTEM CANNOT BE REBOOTED. DO NOTHING TO ANY FILES YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE, AND AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE TO THOSE YOU DO.
7. Here's where I have to get a little vague, because I haven't done this in over a year (since MY machine had to be rebuilt). There's a way to "take ownership" of a file. Find it and try it on that one file.
8. When you've done this, log out and reboot back into normal mode.
9. Try using the file. If you're successful, go back and do the same with the other files you had trouble with.

MS way 1 & MS way 2

*www.repairmyword.com/
Repair My Word will allow you to obtain access to the contents of corrupt word documents. It will repair Microsoft Word 6.0, Word 95, 97, 2000, XP, and 2003 for Windows.

A google search did the trick. Makes life easy... don't they? ;)

Last edited:

fyz

Right off the assembly line
Maybe the file is damaged or corrupt. If necessary, I think you can try some tools. There is a utility called Advanced Word Repair. It works rather well for my corrupt Word documents. It is not free, you may have a try if there is no better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom