WORD 2 PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

techsavvy

Broken In
IS THERE A SOFTWARE THAT CAN CONWERT MSWORD DOCUMENTS INTO .PDF FORMAT???????

IF YES PLZ LET ME KNOW THE SITE FRM WHERE I CAN GET IT

parthbarot

In the zone
ya buddy
if u want freewares then goto *www.snapfiles.com/freeware/freeware.html

some paid r ..robopdf i using it...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Use OpenOffice.. Your all the office documents, Word, Spreadsheets, Presentations, everything can be converted to PDF files.

khandu

In the zone
simple

goto Adobe.com and register for 5 free conversions.. and register again and again and again!!!!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
You can use OpenOffice as GNUrag suggested, or EasyOffice with the PDF filter (Freeware) or WordToPDF (freeware) or go the online way with either Adobe Online (which gives you only 5 trials, as khandu said) or you can use the sites at
www.ps2pdf.com/convert/index.htm
www.babinszki.com/distiller/

But the catch here is that they need the file as either a .prn or a .ps file. You can easily add a PS printer to your computer, by selecting Add Printers and choosing any manufacturer, say HP, and selecting a PostScript printer and then installing the virtual PS printer. Of course, once you do this, you can use GhostScript and GSView to either compose the PDF at your computer totally free or you can use the saved .ps file at the online sites for your converted PDF. I recommend using the free GhostScript and GSView programs for your needs, instead of installing another Office suite in your computer. Download GhostScript and GSView here:

*www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I have used both PDF995 and Amyuni PDF COnverter.Both are good.. It is worth trying PDF995....

Regards,
Ramprasad

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
Techmastro said:
you can install acrobat reader6.0 pro it has option for making .pdf files out of word or .pdf files
try this...
BTW Acrobat Professional 7 Is out too...you can download its tryout..118 Mb. Or find it in Chip March Issue

Hitesh Gupta

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
Use OpenOffice.. Your all the office documents, Word, Spreadsheets, Presentations, everything can be converted to PDF files.

I agree with GNUrag. OpenOffice does a fantastic job in conversion. I regularly do that. But there's only one problem. I get stumped with bullets and numbers at times. It behaves in a strange way at times :(

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
tuxfan, You might need to learn LaTeX to create fabulus PDFs .. See if you have Kile installed on any machine.

Apart from OpenOffice, you can use any KDE program like kate, konqueror, kmail and select File > Print > Print to PDF to create PDF files natively from within the application.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
tuxfan said:
GNUrag said:

I agree with GNUrag. OpenOffice does a fantastic job in conversion. I regularly do that. But there's only one problem. I get stumped with bullets and numbers at times. It behaves in a strange way at times :(

yes i face this problem...... when document is created in word with tables, bit of graphics, & when its opend in OpenOffice it can read it properly..... i will suggest to creat the document with OpenOffice.......

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
The online solution is good for the ppl who don't want to install the converters or virtual printers !

THANKS mate !
It was a good solution !

tuxfan

Technomancer
GNUrag said:
tuxfan, You might need to learn LaTeX to create fabulus PDFs .. See if you have Kile installed on any machine.

Apart from OpenOffice, you can use any KDE program like kate, konqueror, kmail and select File > Print > Print to PDF to create PDF files natively from within the application.

Well, the problem is not in conversion. The problem is the way in which OOo opens .doc files. Even if the files are created directly in OOo, it behaves funnily with bullets and numbers. Font face, font size, etc. change automatically and we can't even select the numbers to change their fonts :( Additionally, sub-level numbering also doesn't work too great.

However, I wish the same has been taken care of in OOo 2. I don't want to install beta version so haven't tried it. :)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
the professional version is not free...only the reader is free...u can view, save and use some of the special features (embedded in PDF files by the authors) but not create ur own files...

aadipa

Padawan
PDFCreator is what i use for last 2 years

Its a virtual printer based application and never failed for me.

get it from *sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

EDIT: Forgot to say its a freeware ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom