won lotery should i trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkpeerless

In the zone
Hi friends
I got a mail a few days ago saying i won a lotery of 55000 pound which is managed by BRITISH LOTTERY INTERNATION.
They ansked my name adress and verification data to be send to some kelvin mishal.
Then Swift courier international send me a mail asking a sum of 550 pound is a shipment chARGE for delevering the cheque.
Now the question is should i send them this payment. I asked them to cut the amount from my prise but they told its a cheque and cant be done.
I asked my asked my friends but no one can give me suggetion. I know many times thes stand out to be fraud but this time they r replying and giving me item code etc. What should i do

This is the mail send by SWIFT COURIER (The parcel is suppose to come from britain)

You are welcome to SWIFT COURIER SERVICES an affiliate of the BRITISH ONLINE LOTTERY .We are pleased to be at your service.SWIFT COURIER SERVICES is Regulated and Stipulated by the Financial Service Authority(FSA).,the Financial institutions that Govern all Financial activities in the United Kingdom.We are please to inform you that we are in possession of a consignment deposited by management of the BRITISH LOTTERY which is to be couriered to you.

Be rest assured that your cheque has been package and true and delivery will be made once you have met the necessary requirements. We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day for priority delivery of letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea.

We will also like to inform you that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept. BRITISH INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY GAMES.The original copy of your certified bank cheque together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British government stating that the money was obtained legally through their International Lottery Program will be sent to you as soon as you meet with the requirement of any of the option selected and your winnings will be couriered to you immediately.

Description of parcel to be delivered:

An original certificate of weight :------------ 0.15kg
Bonded cheque of weight :---------------- 0.17kg
Total weight of parcel :--------------------0.32kg
Colour of Parcel :------------------------ Brown

Delivery Destination:

Name: Sourav Roy
Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (cant show)

Below are our types of services and the mandatory charges required to pay to enable us courier your winning package to you:

Delivery within 24 hours:
Courier charges .................................50.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
Administrative .................................300.00 Pounds
Insurance ...................................... 400.00 Pounds
TOTAL: 750.00 Pounds

Delivery within 48 hours:
Courier charges .................................40.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
Administrative .................................260.00 Pounds
Insurance ...................................... 360.00 Pounds
TOTAL: 660.00 Pounds

Delivery within 72 hours
Courier charges ................................. 30.00 Pounds (VAT inclusive)
Administrative ................................. 210.00 Pounds
Insurance ...................................... 300.00 Pounds
TOTAL: 540.00 Pounds

*IMPORTANT* You are to choose the most convinient for you from the options above and do get back to us as regards making payment so that we can give you instructions on how you are to make the payment to us.

NOTE: ALL PAYMENTS ARE MADE BEFORE DELIVERY OF WINNING PACKAGE COMMENCES

We have undertaken a hard cover insurance incase of loss, damage or theft of your highly sensitive document. We assume all responsibilities incase of any eventualities.

As soon as we receive confirmation and evidence of payment of the above charges, we will despatch your parcel immediately.

You will be required to sign for the parcel when delivered to you and to do this, you will need either your international passport as identification or your driver's license or any other valid identity.

Please ensure that you confirm your delivery address.

We are glad to be at your service

Good luck and Congratulations once again and thanks for your anticipated co-operation.

Best Regards:
Kelvin Richardson
Director Of Operations/Logistics:
SWIFT COURIER SERVICES.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be legally privileged and are solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please delete this message and any attachment files or contact SWIFT COURIER SERVICES

slugger

Banned
any lottery asking 4 money 2 end u ur prise is a BIG scam

in any case had u bought or taken part in any such lottery 2 win it in d first place?

rocket357

Security freak
slugger said:
any lottery asking 4 money 2 end u ur prise is a BIG scam
Agreed. This is a scam. If they can't figure out how to take the shipping/processing charges out of your winnings, then it's HIGHLY likely they're trying to make some quick cash off of you. Don't interact with these people anymore and report them if you can.

Looks to be related to these:
*www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/2007/02/05/uk-national-lottery-scam/
*www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=5427

xbonez

NP : Crysis
obviously a scam. best is screw up these guys. u knwo, reply to them (not with any info of urs), just asking them info, pester them, trouble them with stupid questions. basically just fool around with them. thats what i always do.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ Most of the time you cannot since these guys are located in other countries (Nigeria is famous for all its scams :p). In any case you can ask any of your friend who is a lawyer.

OP
bkpeerless

bkpeerless

In the zone
wow the spam is similar to mine. thanks for saving me. i think i will report this to editor of digit maybe he can help but is there any profe that someone has paid the money but hasnot got any prise (just in case).

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
So it works ..doest it ? I mean ghee how close you fell to this spam.Even your friends i guess didint inform you much. What if you were not a member of this forum ?
There are million such things going on the net in one form or the other. Dont know how many people get sucked into losing the money.

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
lol..Its good that you asked it here before replying to 'them'.
Now I guess you must be 'educated' about these spam emails.
Good luck.

drsood123

Broken In
Hha! I win about 10 to 20 lotteries like this everyday .. This is pure and applied Junk. Gmail spam filters are good enough to directly send them to the spam folder but yahoo filters sometime let them into my inbox rather than the bulk or trash folder!

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You can win lottery only when you take part in it. If I start adding amounts of all lottery mails I receive, I would have been richer than Bill Gates. :D

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
ax3 said:
spam with a BIG scam ..............

ignore it ........ just press the button ........ delete wala ....... & 4get it .....
No , press Mark as spam wala else u'll have to deleat 30+mails everyday

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I have got three such mails till now. Also there are people who are kind enough (in their mails) to offer you millions of unclaimed dollars of people who ruled unknown states and died in air crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom