WMP doesnt play the songs smoothly while doing other tasks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!
Whenever I play ne song in WMP 10 and at the same time do other tasks in windows, like surfing net or opening CDs or opening applications, WMP stops the song for a while and starts playing again.

I didnt face this problem in REAL player 10.5

Is there ne option in WMP to solve this problem?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Which version of WMP u r using?I experienced the same problem with WMP 10. Now i have WMP 9 and it rocks. No problem with WMP 9.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
I hav the same problem with both wmp 9 nd 10 but only with .rm files.. Other files work seemlessly..

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
how much RAM you have?
1. try defragmenting and scandisk
2. try disabling the visualizations - coz may be your system is running low on resources.

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
if you are playing high quality audio files like wav or mp3s above 256 kbps with a small ram then it can happen.

tell your Ram size, audio bitrate and wmp version.

leanpaws

Broken In
this is something similar that i have experienced...

if i start Winamp and play some songs and then start my dial-up connection, there is a second or two in which the song stops (pauses momentarily), the modem dials the number and then the song start again...

can this be avoided ?

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I hv 256 MB SD RAM.

WMP 10

And yes! Most of the time I listen RM files.

I hv also disabled Visualizations.

Is there ne solution for this problem?

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
If the problem is in sound card drivers, then why Real player plays w/o ne problem?

Only WMP 10 hv this problem!!!

champ_rock

champ_rock
if u have some Auto patcher installed.

then try to give more priority to the WMP by right clicking on the WMP bar below...............
make it highest or realtime and then see

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I hv no Auto Patcher installed!

And yes!
I hv seen setting the priority to Above Normal and Highest already.

And it works but other applications become slower so I can't use it as a solution!!!

champ_rock

champ_rock
yeah thats the prob... i think try to give both the applications high priority... so that other windows processes and other things run at low priority.... keep only wmp and the other task that u r doing at high priority

meet_raman

Broken In
ahem.. my suggestion.. forget WMP .. try media player classic or winamp instead..

download "real alternative" .. media player classic comes bundled with that..

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
But the problem is that DFX enhancer doesnt work in Media Player classic as I hv mentioned in nother topic.

And I don't want to install ne extra s/w to play songs as WMP is already installed in my comp...

meet_raman

Broken In
winamp is just 2-3 MB.. is quicker to load than WMP .. has DFX support ... (recommend another sound plugin called ENHANCER.. ) .. winamp has better playlist functions.. more keyboard controls.. built in equaliser .. its visualisations dont hog computer.. BLA BLA BLA..

you can download winamp at www.oldversion.com
(i recommend old version because winamp 2.95 is by far the best and the lightest version of winamp.. so download 2.95 only.. )

get enhancer here: *rapidshare.de/files/7008204/Enhancer.exe.html

bolo tara rara!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx dude!

But this version 2.95 can't play RM files?

Then what's the benefit?

I hv many new songs in rm format, hence winamp is useless for me...

meet_raman

Broken In
hehe.. thats why i said winamp 2.95 is the best. ;) theres a plugin for virtually everything with it :D

look here: *www.musiclivesonline.com/software/watara.html

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx again dude!

Its a coincident that the same plug-in I d/l ed yesterday night after googling :D

And u know what? I'm enjoying it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom