Wmp 11 Not Detecting Cd - Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
I want to burn my music files using wmp 11 but the program is not detecting my cd writer and whenever i go to burn tab it display " Connect a burner and restart the program " .
I have a sony CRX 230E and important thing to be noted is that i have installed this version of windows xp by modifying with n-lite and during modification i had removed the in built cd writing feature of windows xp.
I have the original setup disc too
Also tell me name of software which are useful i burning music files( tagged ) so that i can easily search for what i need

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
You can try Nero for burning Audio files, check whether other burning softwares detect your CD writer or not. That way you will come to know whether its a Software fault or a hardware one. Also make sure your CD writer is wired tightly and no loose connection is there.

Pathik

Google Bot
if u have removed IMAPI then u cant burn cds using wmp nymore...
use other cd burners like nero..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well some time, just removing/uninstallaing the ATAPI coltroler, in which CD/DVD drive is in, from Device manager, and then rebooting the system helps...

u may try that... :)

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
i have checked the connections and also burned the cd with nero 6

If i ahve removed the imapi how can i reinstall it ( ie not going through the whole lot of installation process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom