WMP 10 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I am not able to open windows media player 10.. I am gtting the msg "An internal application error has occured"..Now is there a way i can rollback to 9 or solve this problem:(

Some1 see this and help me out guys :(

Last edited:

Anand_RF

Journeyman
If you have the setup file, try running it again. It will install and hopefully repair it. Else you can try installing wmp 11 beta.

Third Eye

gooby pls
rakeshishere said:
I am not able to open windows media player 10.. I am gtting the msg "An internal application error has occured"..Now is there a way i can rollback to 9 or solve this problem:(

Some1 see this and help me out guys :(

Reinstall the WM10.

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Dont suggest me to use wmp11..I am happy with 10...Reinstalled it and didnt work...any method to uninstall wmp10....I cant find it in ADD/Remove programs:confused:. Did an AV scan as JGURU said but didnt help.:(

clmlbx

Technomancer
rakeshishere said:
I cant find it in ADD/Remove programs:confused:.

have u checked the box "show updates" (top right corner ) of add/remove window .

to solve this problem simply reinstall it .:)

anandk

Distinguished Member
clmlbx said:
have u checked the box "show updates" (top right corner ) of add/remove window .

or from 'add remove windows components'.

soln here : *www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/27451-1.html

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
anandk said:
or from 'add remove windows components'.

soln here : *www.opentechsupport.net/forums/archive/topic/27451-1.html
I have uninstalled wmp10 and i wasnt able to boot in to my comp after a restart so now i am in safe mode so how do i follow the steps :sad:..>And i cannot open wmp 9 also..It doesnt open and i dnt get any error ..I am getting this error when i am trying to reinstall wmp10
[img=*img82.imageshack.us/img82/2374/1bu1.th.jpg]

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
y dont u uninstall ur wmp 10/9 ?
run a registry cleaner (ace utilities is my favorite, else ccleaner is good enuff)
reboot.
and then do a fresh install of wmp10.
shud take care of ur probs, uh ?
work in safe mode if reqd.
hope u always create a systemrestore point b each trobleshooting steps

addl info here too *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430

OP
rakeshishere

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
anandk said:
y dont u uninstall ur wmp 10/9 ?
run a registry cleaner (ace utilities is my favorite, else ccleaner is good enuff)
reboot.
and then do a fresh install of wmp10.
shud take care of ur probs, uh ?
work in safe mode if reqd.
hope u always create a systemrestore point b each trobleshooting steps

addl info here too *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430
Ran some 3 good registry cleaners like registry mechanic,ccleaner,Tune up utilities...I have unistalled wmp10...But when i try to reinstall it..i get that error which i have shown in my previous post..I am still in Safe Mode now and i am not able to boot into windows..Is a frresh reinstall of xp the only solution:sad:...See the link below for the error
*img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1bu1.jpg
I would like to quote this solution for people who may find this as a problem in future

An internal application error has occurred.

CAUSE
This issue may occur if one or more of the Jscript registry key settings are incorrect. This behavior may also occur if the Jscript.dll file is missing or damaged.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they are presented.

Method 1: Reregister Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
3. Click OK.
4. Click Start, and then click Run.
5. In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
6. Click OK.

If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:

2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
3. Click Expand File.
4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.

6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
7. Click Expand.
8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Open a dialog box that previously experienced the issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section of this article. If the issue recurs, go to the next method.

Method 2: Edit the registry
Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c260-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32

The (Default) value data should contain the following value:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JSCRIPT.DLL
If it does not, double-click Default, type C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\JSCRIPT.DLL in the Value data box, and then click OK.
4. The ThreadingModel value data should contain the following value:

Both
If it does not, double-click ThreadingModel, and then type Both in the Value data box.
5. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c261-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 7.
7. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c262-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32
8. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 9.
9. Exit Registry Editor.

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I have the same error last few days & read this thread but cannot solve the problem.

Method 1 did not solve the issue for me so that is not the problem in my case.

Method 2
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c26 0-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb558}\In procServer32

I searched for the folowing reg keys but they are not there.
So what could be the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom