WMA format consumes more power ina player??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
where did u read it ? plz share the source , coz if its so i want to know the reason.

It is true that some formats consume more power than the others. For example Mp3 consumes more than OGG this is due to more calculations required to complete the operation.

OP
S

sreekar8191986

Broken In
guys,
i read that sometime back.i think it is in this forum site itself or may be in any of the players websites.i didnt remeber exactly.if i had remebered that y would i ask u.now that i have recently bought a player & wnt to put wma files in it i am asking this Q.
well i tried in google but the results i got there are that WMA files DRM protected ones(i dont know what exatly is it--it seems to be protection) that is the wma protected files consume more power.but my doubt is here we dont have protected files .so is the case same with normals files also or not.

bluegene

Right off the assembly line
Well...it is true that Players consume more battery while playing WMA, ..if my memory is correct , what i hav read abt this issue is that the WMA codec is more complex to decipher than MP3 so , much more complex processing is required to play WMA files resulting in faster draining of Battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom