WM contants licence urgent help requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
hi,
i hv downloaded some copy protected video in windows wma format from a

website,
when i played it in media player 10 its asked fro the licence
so Win media player accuaired the desired licence form the website
now my problem is when ever i play the file it always ask for the licence
despite being the licence backed up from media player
so whenever i play the file i hv to connect to net from my dial up
when i try to restore the licence it again wants to connect to the net
is there any way i can play this file without connecting to net
as i do hav the legal licence from contant provider
plz help

ishaan

Padawan
i dont think theres any way

ive tried loadsa ways wich ppl say on the net but none of em worked

if u ever find a way, do share it with us...though i think it will be illegal 2 do so and hence, not allowed 2 discuss on this forum

OP
abhasbajpai

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
hi ishhan
please read the post
i played it in media player 10 its asked fro the licence
so Win media player accuaired the desired licence form the website.i do hav the legal licence from contant provider
so
i think it will be illegal 2 do so and hence, not allowed 2 discuss on this forum
how it could be illegal 2 discuss
i do have the legal licence from the CONTANT PROVIDER and i have paid the contant provider
its just have to go web to acuaire the same licence every time i play that file. though the licence is backed as stated in windows media player.

H

harsh bajpai

@abhasbajpai
I faced a similar problem a little while back and contacted the microsoft people and they asked me to get their DRM supporting media player and several other updates that are not listed in the regular automatic updates i would have posted the list but i've deleted that mail. so try searching this Digital Rights Management sh** on microsoft.com. It might solve the problem...

OP
abhasbajpai

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
but eshan
why it would be illegal to bypass it when the contant provider website has allready given me the legal licence to play the contant.
its just that there is somethin wrong in my systems digetal rights managements system.
and could not figure it out.
when i do have the licence it should paly
its that, when it goes to web it aquire the same licence (when i try to backup the newly acuired licence it says to over write the file. i hv also tried to bcakup the file at diffrent location and comparied the old and the newly acuried file and they were the same.)
so i just want to know that why it is aquring the same licence again and again. when its there and backed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom