With Frequent Formats of HDD , it tears out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Hello friends,
Some friends of mine told me that if i wud b formatting my HDD again and again , it wud just create Bad Sectors.
Is it Right Friends?
Please Help.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
NO...there was a lenght discusion in some of the section....just search for it....different members gave different explaination..was interesting

crookbond

Broken In
Thats all bullshit. There's no such problems occur when u format ur hard-disk.

Quick-erase will erase just the file format and load the new one which is very light task.

Your hard-disk recognizes data in magnetic direction like say north pole equals to 1 and south pole equals to 0. While full formatting it will de-mgnetise the partiation leavingas no data on the disk and then load the file format.

Actually the hard-disk faulty ratio is very high due to which most of the consumers start making their own conclusions.

Seagate own faulty ratio is 1:8 means out of 8, 1 can be faulty.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
one Computer which i have since 2000 has 10GB Seagate HDD
i'e counted till 455 -475 formats after that i lost counts (use ta da R&D on it, and counter is increasing 1 by every 3 days now)

and yes it is working perfectly no bad sector or stuff like that.

Thank you dad for this

Third Eye

gooby pls
Manshahia said:
Hello friends,
Some friends of mine told me that if i wud b formatting my HDD again and again , it wud just create Bad Sectors.
Is it Right Friends?
Please Help.
'

No,i have formatted my hdd many times and still doesn't bad sectors because i defragment my hdd every week to prevent bad sectors.

The best defragmenter software available is Diskeeper.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
LOW LEVEL FORMATTING-
Low-level formatting is the process of outlining the positions of the tracks and sectors on the hard disk, and writing the control structures that define where the tracks and sectors are. All modern hard disks are low-level formatted at the factory for the life of the drive.

HIGH LEVEL FORMATTING-
High-level formatting is the process of writing the file system structures on the disk that let the disk be used for storing programs and data. High-level formatting is done after the hard disk has been partitioned, even if only one partition is to be used.

The distinction between high-level formatting and low-level formatting is important. It is not necessary to low-level format a disk to erase it: a high-level format will suffice for most purposes; by wiping out the control structures and writing new ones, the old information is lost and the disk appears as new.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
can u help me out with this... i recently bought a sata2 drive 160gb, previously i used to have a 40gb ata drive, with the old 40gb ata my pc performed better, my sata2 is working very slow and also it hangs the pc while transfering huge chunks of data from one partition to another. never faced any probs with old ata drive ever. i am currently using both the drive. any solutions?

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
Sysfilez try changing the SATA cable.Aslo see which transfer mode is active.SATA II r cableof UDMA6.Give more info bout ur motherborad model and BIOS.If its a Seagate drive then use Seatools and DiskWizard for dignostics and repair.Check whether the SMART values of the HDD r within limit or not.Use Drive Fitness Test(DFT) to check the condition of ur drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom