Wireless Router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatallica

Right off the assembly line
Dear all,

I want to install a wireless router at my home but am absolutely clueless about the various brands/range etc. My home is around 1800 sqr feet, could anyone suggest any brands for that?

Would it be possible to use it on different floors as well?

Does the speed of the connection decreases if using a router?

Much appreciated.

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Linksys WRT54G is one of the best and it has very good range, So it suits your home well!

Well, Its advertised to have a Range of 100mts, So the Connection Quality maybe degraded if you are using it from another floor.

Nope! WiFi is nothing but Wireless LAN, it has a speed of 54mbps avg. I don't think it'll affect your 256k/2mpbs Broadband.

(And Yes, I Hope you are using ADSL, Its nearly impossible to share LAN Cable Internet using it. like Sify, it needs a Software 'Dialer' for that!)

chirkut

Kiran
Buffelo router is cheap and best
*blog.fon.com/de/archive/business/preisanpassung-bei-der-la-fonera.html

Enjoy...

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I will suggest D-link wi-fi router.They are good.

yes you can use on different floor.But may face disconnection problem.

Speed is alright.No issue of dercreased speed in wi-fi

OP
B

beatallica

Right off the assembly line
Thank you for your replies everyone.

I am planning to get Sify itself, they are the only ones with decent connectivity in my area. Would it not work with Wireless?

How about MTNL Tri-Band, any good?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
beatallica said:
Thank you for your replies everyone.

I am planning to get Sify itself, they are the only ones with decent connectivity in my area. Would it not work with Wireless?

How about MTNL Tri-Band, any good?
MTNL is much better option than sify.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^I dont have any idea abt sify BB..and its wireless feature.But for sure MTNL is better option because it uses DSL technology.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I have installed atleast 5 wireless routers for the Vice Presidents and misc ppl. All the wireless routers have the dialer facility to dial a connection to the ISP. You need to store your username and password in it. And also if your ISP uses MAC address binding then you need to notify them about the device change. Also some of the routers come with LAN ports, so you can plug desktops also and surf internet wirelessly too. Good luck with that :)

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
djmykey said:
I have installed atleast 5 wireless routers for the Vice Presidents and misc ppl. All the wireless routers have the dialer facility to dial a connection to the ISP. You need to store your username and password in it. And also if your ISP uses MAC address binding then you need to notify them about the device change. Also some of the routers come with LAN ports, so you can plug desktops also and surf internet wirelessly too. Good luck with that :)
Well, Sify gives a direct LAN Connection to your PC and you need to use a Software Dialer (which is not PPPoE/MER) to get connected.

And Sify does bind MAC address, so well, its like Router has a seperate MAC Addr. and your PC has another one. I don't think they can bind to Two Addresses. AFAIK, It doesn't work (I don't know which Address it takes into consideration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom