Wireless internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Hello guys, I have a Dell Inspiron B130 laptop and use BSNL broadband internet. I already have three mobile and do not need landline, I am keeping landline just for the sake of internet. I have heard about wireless internet by airtel, reliance and tata but not from BSNL. Is there any such offer from BSNL, if so what is it called, any links to its website?

I don't want a USB device to have a wireless internet. There is a express card slot supporting 34/54 mm cards. Is this slot used for wireless PCI wireless cards to connect to interet? Please some information on this please.

hailgautam

Youngling
IF you are refering to the wifi, then you can get a wifi enabled asdl modem from bsnl and you can have wireless internet in you house.

OP
Sridhar_Rao

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
No, I am not looking for WiFi setup to use at home, I am talking about using wireless internet on the go (travelling).

I found a link at another thread about BSNL data card, *www.bsnldatacard.com/index.html . There are two services,
(A) Network Interface Card (NIC) : For internet speed up to 144 Kbps.
(B) EVDO Card : Internet speed up to 2.4 Mbps

For a commoner like me, the jargons used are not helpful. Given my system specification, can anyone tell me about either of these two and which would serve me better.

Will the following specification (BSNL data card is PCMCIA type and the interface is CDMA2000 1X RTT. The brand is Huawei and model number is EC 321) work on my laptop. Unfortunately, Dell does not entertain any support once warranty is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom