Winzip error...Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[lokesh]

Journeyman
I downloaded The punisher Demo which is around 210 Mb and yes it is a zip file. A particular file data2.cab which is inside this zip file is around 209 MB and when i try to extract it....i get an error message from winzip saying

"Error : invalid compressed data to inflate"

I tried using a zip repair software but in vain. I also tried to extract that file using Winrar and also tried to repair it with winrar's built in repair feature...but no use.

Is there something that can be done to extract that file ???

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Hmmm

it_waaznt_me said:
Well... I am afraid the file is corrupt .. You'll have to redownload it ..

Yup Thats Definetly The Problem Mate......Rather Than Re-Downloading The File Which is obviously Corrupted Zip Format From The Server Hosting itself Try to Download from some mirror Site Or Try a Bit Torrent Download For The Demo Verion Of This Game...... 8)

silverTwins

Broken In
well if u downloaded the file using flashget then there is an option called "fix corrupted zip file"

try that and it should locate exactly how much data it has to redownload!!!

if that fails then as the other people said u have to download it again!!!!!! :!:

OP
L

[lokesh]

Journeyman
Thanks for the reply guys.....and the same thing happened to another download too....i tried downloading "Juiced"....but i am getting the same error in that also...i guess the problem is with the server....i downloaded both of them from 3dgamers.....i guess i have to choose a different site.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
Re: Hmmm

it_waaznt_me said:
Well... I am afraid the file is corrupt .. You'll have to redownload it ..

Yes right... with tht mag your download is corrupted, Go for FlashGet... it's much better thananyother in maintaing download's integrity.

And if it was an InstallShield Installer with that familier icon and .CAB Files then by default due to to some 1998 **security** and **anti piracy** rule you can't extract contents of those DAT1.CAB or DATA2.CAB and so on... 'coz they contains main source/library files of program... to be install and registry entries to write.

Now with new versions of InstallShield they disabled extraction of it's Setup.exe or XYZProgram.exe again with tht familier icon thru any extraction software like WinZip and WinRAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom