WinXP SP2 Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Hello folks....this is my 1st entry in this forum.....

To get rid of dis blaster worm i installed winXP sp2 n now im paying for it...accept for security theres no other gain....my pc has slowed down to abt 30% from ealier.....out of my 256mb ram, around 100mb is usually free.....and loading time is now much longer.

i want some advice if i shud go for cure or get back to service pack 1(old)....and if i hav to do it how do i uninstall the current version....i 've compressed the files and settings transfer....

i recon myself to get back to the old and fast one....plz suggest...thankyou

my pc is:-

Intel P4 1.8 GHz 256MB Ram
(although running like P2 in XP)
OS running-
Win Xp Sp2
Win 2000 pro
Win 98SE

PS:- the system is fast in other OS

hafees

In the zone
Then what z the use of SP2. they 've spent millions for developing this. what do u think?? i was planning to update to SP2 but now i am confused. Do anyone have any suggestion??

anusoni

Broken In
man Sp2 won't ruin ur system, its something else doing it, SP2 will make it more stable, wait for final release and don't install pre-release versions. wait a few days !

VD17

Journeyman
oh so it DID have an issue with NAV... i installed and things went really bad... then i UNINSTALLED it thro. Add/Remove programs... my system is working as good as it had ever worked...
i think i'd wait to see if the SP2 final release is good... otherwise, no more SP2 for me...

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
i recon thats the way 2 do it(add-remove programs) but the unfortunate part is there is no listing for winXP sp2 in mine....i guess the only 1 option is to format my disk n a fresh install....to others looking for it i wud suggest wait for another release but dont go for this...really ate my system.

theraven

Technomancer
there is a way to uninstall sp2 without going thru add/remove ..
i forgot the URL .. but just do a google on it .. ull find it

G

gxsaurav

Mine is already faster with RC2, don't know what will happen if I install Final, don't have it, but I m also writting a thread on XP SP2 tweaks

LIJO JOSEPH

Right off the assembly line
win xp sp2

Dear friends

i also updates to sp2.then my internet explorer is not working properly

i also want sugetions

Happy computing
joseph

sUlPhUr|nE`

Broken In
SP2 is good

As anusoni said, formatting & reinstalling WinXP is the best option. It's like lunch for me. I do it 5 times in one week...hehe...But I dont eat just 5 times a week *wink*
Always stick with the latest softwares. Donot head back to SP1 again. Microsoft didn't develop SP2 just because SP1 had no problems.
As far as hafees is concerned, Windows XP, till now, it hasn't given any problems since Service Pack1 was released. You can "aaram se" use SP2, ofcourse WInXP.[/i]

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hi guys im back n i was outa action just coz i was riverting back to sp1......hafees....i said sp2 reduces ur speed....well i was right in that case case coz it did....but i caught hold of my problems as why not every1 with sp2 facing the same....the reason is i updated sp2 on my prevoius version which kicked in hell lotsa services and overwriten files on oldies....result- sucking of physical memory and cpu usage which meant "DEAD SLOW" even on my p4 machine....now get this...go for sp2 but format and do a fresh install...rem. "DONT UPGRADE FRM SP1 TO SP2"

and btw guys...i feel opera is the best option i had so far
enjoy.

JAK

What the Heck !
Well Well...
From the Time I have installed Sp2 RTM(Slipstreamed fresh install) I have faced no Probs whatsoever.....
Except for one..FARCRY seems to have some probs..I have installed the 1.1 patch and tried no avail...also tried the not so famous 1.2 patch but still no solution..It simply crashes after say 2mins of play
Didnt notice this behaviour in any other game..

So right now playin it on Sp1 and surfin on Sp2.. :wink:

hmmm
as for the rest...Sp2 is pretty good ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom