WinXP SP2 problem help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader77

Broken In
All of a sudden my PC has started restarting on its own.. Many times shortly after booting up .. and i get the message in windows:- " The system has recovered from a serious error ". error signature:- BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : BF85665A BCP3 : F92E7AA0
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

I have SP2 installed for quite some time..I have not had any problems before.
What is the problem ?! I havent installed anything...this just started happening on its own ..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm as if have SP2 install so 1st try this work around suggets by MS..

You receive a "System Has Recovered from a Serious Error" message after every restart

if that doesnt slove the Problem then take a Look at this Artical

Error Message: The System Has Recovered from a Serious Problem

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The 1st link 's relative...
2nd's not...
Well, jus disable error reportin in ur mycomp's properties (advanced)

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
Error reporting is not the prob.. my pc keeps on restarting thats the prob...
What do i do.. I read on the microsoft site that this prob was fixed with SP1 but i have SP2 installed.. Is this a hardware related problem or something to do with XP ??! Pls. help !!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
no its bout error reportin, jus disable it and try buddie as i think the tool has gone kaput...

Also, if no other alternative, add SP2 to ur WIN xp cd and use the repair function...

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
I have disabled the error reporting.. but the pc still keeps on restarting.. I havent installed or removed anything from my comp.. i just dont get it.. Can it be a hardware problem?

hcp006sl

Journeyman
Could be a hardware problem. But, first of all let us know which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spy are you using?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well i requested to try the work around from here

MS said:
1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer.
3. Click Properties.
4. On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.
5. In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
6. For Paging file size for selected drive, click No Paging File, and then click Set.
7. Click Yes after the following warning appears:
If the paging file on volume X: has an initial size of less than xx megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?

(X is the drive letter and xx is the amount of RAM installed on your computer minus 1 megabyte.)
8. Click System Managed Size.

Have u done that??

& also check this link to see whether ur all the Hardwares r compatible with winXP & have the latest driver or not...

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
I've tried that paging file thing also which u mentioned.. still nothing.. it keeps on restarting.. also.. i got a unique error one time:- services.exe terminated unexpectedly error 1073741819..

Whatever i try.. it just keeps on rebooting.. especially after i just boot into windows..

ths system is a Duron 1.2,Nforce mobo, 512 ddr ram hynix.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
crusader77 said:
I've tried that paging file thing also which u mentioned.. still nothing.. it keeps on restarting.. also.. i got a unique error one time:- services.exe terminated unexpectedly error 1073741819..

Whatever i try.. it just keeps on rebooting.. especially after i just boot into windows..

ths system is a Duron 1.2,Nforce mobo, 512 ddr ram hynix.

It seems like a loose or faulty RAM. First remove your ram and clean it and then put it back and again see if it works. If you still get the same problem get your friend's RAM and try it out.

Check your ram any problems with memory test utilities availiable on the net. You can even check your ram at your friends place, many times the ram slot in the mobo gets damaged or loosened up.

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
I ve tried cleaning the RAM contacts.. exchanging them... still nothing.. i now have started getting another error :-

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer "

Problem caused by atikvmag.dll

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED AREA

tech info:- STOP: 0x00000050(............ "

This blue screen error happened just before the windows logo comes in the start of boot up. I also got another similar blue screen error but of some other file ...

And ive tried to boot into DOS, the system works fine.i tried a few apps, games in DOS.. and after sometime in DOS i reboot into windows without a problem... It mainly restarts after i have switched on the comp after some time and i get into windows..

TechGuru

Broken In
Check ur answer here ...

Edit by Deep: You think we are foold here running forums? that you need to point link to other forum...READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
@deep : techguru has been doin jus that all the time, see all his posts and even his siggy...

well, itink that atikvmag.dll is a dll of ATI and also, now try reinstallin SP2 and see, or repair if u got WIN Xp with SP2...

Whoa ! warning on the same day of joinin ?

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
I have formatted my system and reinstalled win xp.. still my comp is restarting.. i even get visual c++ runtime errors..even though its a fresh install of xp.. i havent installed anything and still my comp restarts !!!!! pls any ideas ??!!!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm well if u can aford a nother format... to get sure is this software or HArdware install any other OS... (May b windows 98 SE).... now if u have (A256 + B256)= Total 512MB.... then try to work with one ram (Do this with both of them).... to see if any RAM stick has the problem or not....

now some time Duron Procy had over heating problem.. so tell us whether that is efecting the couse or the problem just happens after ur system got a Full night brek....??

OP
C

crusader77

Broken In
I have tried using only one RAM chip.. swapped slots.. etc .. i formatted my system and just installed Win XP .. not even a service pack and it immidiately restarted again and said that the system has recovered from a serious error.. i am pretty sure its hardware ,, what is the problem exactly ??! and how come its happening all of a sudden ?!
Its definately not overheating of the proccy.. the temp never goes above 48 and all the fans are working properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom