WinXP Pro - Administrator Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nariman

Journeyman
Hi All there. Require help.
One of my friend using WinXP Pro (Licenced) while fooling about with his Admimnistrator Password cannot now log in. It seems he does not remember the password. He can get only the 'Hint" but it is of no use.
Is there anyway in which he gain regain his password 0r start in any other way?
This is important.
Regards
Nariman

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Might Wanna check this out...
But it's not free...

*www.lostpassword.com/windows-xp-2000-nt.htm
This is slightly complicated...
*www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20348448.html
Also this
*www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

Tell me if it helped...

BTW Google is your best friend...

great_manish

Journeyman
hmmm

the process is slightly complicated..u can use a brute force or dictionary based password cracker. dont know if one is available for free.

diab0lic666

Broken In
Nariman said:
Hi All there. Require help.
One of my friend using WinXP Pro (Licenced) while fooling about with his Admimnistrator Password cannot now log in. It seems he does not remember the password. He can get only the 'Hint" but it is of no use.
Is there anyway in which he gain regain his password 0r start in any other way?
This is important.
Regards
Nariman
Ok..You can try booting with Linux Cd and backup your imp data. else try those links Nikhil provided.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
booting with a linux CD? how does that help him retrieve his password?

walking-techie

Journeyman
raabo i think he meant.. use linux to backup important data and then format and re-install the os again
hope he doesnt have to go to all that trouble.. and i hope these links help u

Kartick_Jayaram

Right off the assembly line
Take ownership of the data.

There are two options -

1. Remove the drive from the system and connect it to another using Windows XP Pro as a secondary drive. Logging into the admin account of that system take ownership of the "Administrator" folder of the secondary drive under the "Documents and Settings" folder. This should allow you to back up any data under that user profile.

2. If your friend has any other user profiles on the system he could try logging into one of those. If that user is part of the "Administrator" group, he should then be able to change the password.

KJ

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
walking-techie said:
raabo i think he meant.. use linux to backup important data and then format and re-install the os again
hope he doesnt have to go to all that trouble.. and i hope these links help u
tThese links..... :roll: where are the links dude u didnt mention anything over there..... :wink:

diab0lic666

Broken In
Raaabo said:
booting with a linux CD? how does that help him retrieve his password?
He can try cracking SAM files or backing up his data and format the sys.
One thing we dunno if he really lost password or trying to fool us to do some illegal activity. anyway we will leave ethical issue on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom