WinXP Making Me Sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

asim13june

Broken In
hi guys,

can anybody help me out with this, my comp has been affected by a virus, and takes much longer time to open any file, and in taskmanager it shows 99% usage by a single application which is Ccapp.exe. i know nothing abt this virus but one of my friend told me that this virus is "sasar" i dunno how it is spelled, help me out guys. and u know im posting this msg from a cybercafe :( .

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
CCapp.exe is not a virus, its the AUTO-PROTECT file of Norton Antivirus (NAV). And ur system is showing high usage may be coz u have NAV 2005 or 2004. Norton is very high on resources. To check for viruses, run a full system scan for viruses in Safe Mode.
It may also coz of some spywares. Try AD-AWARE and scan ur system.

G

gxsaurav

ccapp.exe doesn't eats resources that much, it uses dynamic resources usage

Try playing any game or any heavy appklication like Photoshop, then check taskmanager U will find that the RAM usage of CCapp.exe has lowered to about 3 MB or 4 MB

ccapp is required by NAV to combine the different services of NAV, with the other services, however, even if U "End task" it auto protect & E-Mail protection is still available although not the on demand scanner

whats the point, if U R not doing something heavy on your PC, then running a 13 mb service won't affect, I mean if U start winamp, it also eats 6 MB RAM, still U have more then 180 MB RAM free on your 256 MB machine doing nothing(example)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Oye which computer is infected ...? .. Khair ..

Download HijackThis and copy it to a floppy and run it on the infected computer .. And save the log and post it here ..

HijackThis Download ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom