WinXP LOG ON Prob!! Urgent!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorablesrini

Broken In
Plz help me out guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My uncle brought home his Office Laptop which has WinXp Pro loaded.
I messed up something with its Network Setting and it juts doesnt accept the previous Password.

This is what i did:
System Properties
-> Selected 'Computer Name' Tab

-> Clicked on 'Network ID'

-> Click 'Next' and then came 2 options i clicked on 'this Computer is for Home use and not a part of a business Network' and clicked on 'Next'

->Now it showed that 'You have successfully completed the Network Identification Wizard'.Then it told me to click on 'Finish' and that wil restart the comp and bring in the effect

->But since i didnt know wat i was doin i didnt click on 'Finish' but clicked on Back til i came to the first page and pressed 'Esc'.

->A message showed me that the effect wil take place after restarting.

->Now after restarting the Windows Log on window doesn't accept the old Username and password.

Plz help me how rectify back.Very urgent!!!

vysakh

Padawan
while booting, (before the xp screen comes) press f8 and go into safe mode. here boot and u will login as administrator. now change the password of the other user by going into control panel--user accounts

OP
A

adorablesrini

Broken In
I tried all that but just cant get into the admin mode!! Wel my uncle says he'll hav to ship it to Chicago where his Office Laptops are serviced.He says he doesnt hav the admin rights!! i hope there is some other way

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
search this forum with keywords "administrator password"
you will get enuf links which describe how to change or know admin password

____
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom