WinXP installation problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Friends help me out.

Yesterday while booting up my PC, it was very slow and showed me the option viz Start normally, safe mode etc. I tried all options but it works fine till the log-in to windows page. After that it restarted automatically and repeated this.
So after trying everything, I formatted the PC and reinstalled WinXp SP2.
After using the computer for 1 hour(ie, after installing all the softs. and stuf) i turned it off. After rebooting, i again got the same problem. :(

After repeating this ie formatting and reinstalling for 4 times, i deleted all the partitions and everything, and recreated the partitions while installing windows.

Now the trouble is:
1. WHy is this happening? There is no virus as per Avast! scans. Will I be able to reboot safely again?
2. While recreating NTFS partitions, i now see that about 10% of the disk space is "used" in properties. Why is it so? There are no hiddens files etc.

Pls help asap

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Few possible problem by their importance,

* System Temp
* Hardware connectivity issue (due to dust or lose connect)
* PSU failing provide enough juice
* RAM Issue
* WinXP critical files are missing / Malware infection / BIOS issue

Now how do you troubleshoot them ??

System Temp

Make sure your processor fan is spinning, get in to bios and keep the PC on for certain time, then view the temp of system (CPU / NB / MOBO)...

Are they under limit ?

Hardware connectivity issue (due to dust or lose connect)

If your temps are in control, then detach all system peripherals, like RAM / GPU and clean the slots :D then reattach them to see if that helps or not :)

PSU failing provide enough juice

even after cleaning the dust if the issue is still on, then try and borrow a compatible PSU from a friend of yours and try with that, see if you are able do normal operation or not !!!

RAM Issue

once again, borrow some ram from a friend of urs to see if the issue is still on or not !!!

WinXP critical files are missing / Malware infection / BIOS issue

Update the BIOS and then reset it to default :D use BIOS option of jumper for ressting now install the trial version of a good AVS, such as ESET NOD 32 or KIS 2009, update and run a full system scan (scan all HDD drive and partitions) to see if any infection of not :)

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Few possible problem by their importance,

* System Temp
* Hardware connectivity issue (due to dust or lose connect)
* PSU failing provide enough juice
* RAM Issue
* WinXP critical files are missing / Malware infection / BIOS issue

1. Sys temp is within limits.- at 46.C

2.No hardware issues.
3. No PSU/RAM issue- got my computer upgraded on 11th July'08 only
4. MALWARE- i guess some virus file which copied itself to all partitions. I deleted all the partitions, recreated and resized them. And now the system is alrite.

How do I clear the MFT space? there was no MFT space reserved last month - the partitions were NTFS but no mft.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
3. No PSU/RAM issue- got my computer upgraded on 11th July'08 only

How can you be sure as new hardware can also give you problem man :(, so please do check, its not that we are argueeing but rather trying to find a sol for your problem, so please if possible do check them with another one from your frnd or such !!!

anyway,

How do I clear the MFT space?

Can I adjust some master NTFS table size

OP
enticer86

enticer86

Stay Silent!
How can you be sure as new hardware can also give you problem man :(, so please do check, its not that we are argueeing but rather trying to find a sol for your problem, so please if possible do check them with another one from your frnd or such !!!

Thanks for your detailed help bro, but I do not have anyone geeky enough to lemme check the PSU. Will take the machine to the seller again (he is a relative, so would be honored to help :D )
And I know buddy, you are not arguing :) thanks indeed for helping out of he way. I also thought abt the RAM issues, and cleaned it and put it back again tighly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom