WinRK- The Compressor - winrar 7-zip winzip under its feet

Have you Ever tried this software or heard about it ?

• I have never tried but heard only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Have you ever heard about WinRK ?
No ?
Then you must read on coz its gonna blow your mind !

Did you thought that WinRAR 7-zip and winzip are the best compressor ?

Then you are wrong ! :twisted:
read ON !

Well i knew this software for months but i found that no one had discussed about this software on the forum ! :shock:

so its time to rock on and hold you heart coz your 40 gb is going to suck into 999 mb...haha

So heres the info..(sorry you had to read the above stupid stuffs . heres the main )

*www.msoftware.co.nz/WinRK_about.php

WinRK is a new high performance file archiver. Built from the ground up for better compression and security, it provides the best platform for managing and creating file archives.

WinRK supports all the most common archive formats in use today, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, RAR and ISO. WinRK's ZIP support is fully compatible with both the Zip64 standard and the new WinZIP AES encryption standard. This means that ZIP files created with WinRK can take advantage of file and archive sizes of over 4GB, along with strong encryption capabilities. The ZIP deflate and deflate64 algorithms have been improved as well, providing 10-20% smaller archives in most cases, without loosing any compatibility!

WinRK also provides a new high performance RK archive format. This format was designed from the outset to remove many of the limitations of older archive formats, and so provides much better compression and security than other formats. It supports a virtually unlimited archive size, which makes it ideal for very large backups. It also provides compression options ranging from fast and efficient, all the way to a 'spare no cost' approach which provides the very best compression ratios in the world.

One of the most interesting innovations that WinRK brings to archiving is a modern user interface design. Many of the most popular archivers require unintuitive dialog boxes to be carefully navigated in order to add files to an archive, or even to extract files in some cases. WinRK provides a much more intuitive interface that treats archives in much the same way as a CD-burner treats CDs. This means that files may be scheduled to be removed from, or added to an archive at the same time so as to reduce the time taken actually performing the modifications. This can be especially important for very large archives. It also means that no restriction is placed on modifying archives, even for so called solid archives. Archives may have files removed or added at any time.

A new addition to WinRK is support for a Plugin API. This allows developers to extend WinRK by writing DLL plugins which support different archive formats. Support is also provided for new compression algorithms to be plugged directly into the WinRK format, allowing codec developers to leverage the full potential of the WinRK format with very little extra work.

Screenshots here

*www.msoftware.co.nz/WinRK_screenshots.php

Features here

*www.msoftware.co.nz/WinRK_features.php

Benchmarks here

*www.msoftware.co.nz/WinRK_benchmarks.php

Wanna download ?

*www.msoftware.co.nz/WinRK_downloads.php
why to visit the page ?
the direct link is _

*www.msoftware.co.nz/pub/WinRK216.exe

Please put your comments !

A/c to me

WinRk is best
go here for test results of all compressors punched to their max
www.maximumcompression.com

Another mind blowing very low size compressor WinUDA !
Hey downlaod this cool 23 kb compressor from here
WinUDA
*dwing.51.net/download/WinUDA.zip
Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Its paid
while 7zip is free
Izarc is both free and better than Winzip Winrar and 7zip

Can you post its comparision result with WinRk PLz

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
ok here are the results

a directory of 10 mb
includes 20 files of images having 1.7 mb
includes exe's of .5 mb
an avi file of 2 mb
a .ogg file of .4 mb
3 mb of dlls
.6 mb of text file (.doc)
.5 mb of pdf file
.3 mb of swf file
1 mb of .ini file

now here are the results

WinZip 10 beta PPMD = 4.31 mb
WinRaR 3.51 solid best = 4.23 mb
7-Zip max = 4.25 (a little near to winrar)
UHARC 0.6a alz-3 = 4.20
WinUDA = 4.46 mb
WinRK PPMZ = 4.18 mb
WinRK PWCM = 3.89 mb

Note : PWCM and winzips 10 ppmd are experimental codecs

*PWCM takes a lot lot time in compression but gives the best compression . It took 34 minutes for 10 mb !

*Overall PPMZ of Winrk wins in both speed and compression

*7-Zip was the fastest though

*WinRAR was 13 seconds slower than 7-Zip

*WinRk PPMZ and UHARC 0.6a both are at competition ut ppmz wins .1 mb

If you want for best compression and time value then i recommend you WinRAR and WinRK PPMZ

but if you really want compression without any time value then PWCM of winRK is the best for you

But both are shareware

if you really need then 7-Zip is the choice because its free

But according to the topic "how many of us use pirated software" almost above 80% of us use pirated ones or cracked ones . so there is no need to ask which is free or which is shareware

just we want the best

Hope it helps you

be here for more compression tests

www.maximumcompression.com

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Looks interesting, but I am not interested :p

Winrar is cool, although I dont like it's interface. I use the program just to open .rar/.zip files. It does the job fine for me. I dont want to use compression tools for reducing the size, opening the files matters for me.

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
ok heres the result from www.maximumcompression.com

*www.maximumcompression.com/data/summary_sf.php

Q. Now, what is the best compression program?.
A. That depends on your definition of 'best'. Globally speaking there are three kind of compressors / archivers.

First we have the group of experimental compressors, designed with only one thing in mind, getting the best possible compression regardless the time it takes and the amount of memory it uses. Almost all programs in this group are command line (dos/win32) programs, and some of them can only compress one file at a time (remember user friendliness wasn't a real consideration). The best programs in this group, i.e. the ones getting the best possible compression, are WinRK (using the PWCM plug-in), PAQAR (PASQDA), Durilca and SLIM. At the moment PAQAR and WinRK (PWCM) are the best compressors of the four, but they are also much slower (PAQAR in -8 mode does about 5 Kb/s on a slightly overclocked AMD Barton 2800+) then the other two.

Secondly we have a group which tries to combine the good compression of group one with some degree of user friendliness. Compression is still very good, speed is reasonable, but the compression formats used are often not widely spread. Best programs is this group are Compressia, UHarc (with WinUHA gui) and WinRK (FPW modes).

The last group is the 'everyday use' archiver. This are GUI driven programs with good compression, but without sacrificing speed and without excessive memory usage like the group 1 and 2 programs. Apart from the GUI it is important the program is fast, easy to use, and supports many different archive formats (or is a standard itself). The best archivers in this group are WinRar and 7-Zip. Probably WinZip 10 (using PPMd-mode) has a place here too.

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
Izarc is both free and better than Winzip Winrar and 7zip

i downloaded it and compressed the same directory
Izarc max = 4.245 .
hah jut equivalent to 7-Zip

I dont want to use compression tools for reducing the size, opening the files matters for me.

if you only want to open the files then you must go for IZARC coz it supports
these formats
7-ZIP, A, ACE, ARC, ARJ, B64, BH, BIN, BZ2, BZA, C2D, CDI, CAB, CPIO, DEB, ENC, GCA, GZ, GZA, HA, IMG, ISO, JAR, LHA, LIB, LZH, MBF, MDF, MIM, NRG, PAK, PDI, PK3, RAR, RPM, TAR, TAZ, TBZ, TGZ, TZ, UUE, WAR, XXE, YZ1, Z, ZIP, ZOO

happy file opening :lol:

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

new123

Right off the assembly line
result compress 26 files (doc, txt, log, pdf, ...)

uncompressed 843711 bytes
zip using winrk 3.0.3 zip maximum compatible 250188 bytes
rar using winrar3.60 b6 best solid 210304 bytes
7z using 7zip 4.42 ultra 32mb dict 273word 198388 bytes
rk using winrk 3.0b3 normal (rolz3) 196856 bytes
uha using winuha 2.0 m ALZ3 197353 bytes

winrk win ovr winrar, 7zip, uharc.

TechGuru#1

In the zone
dIgItaL_BrAt said:
in this age of 80/120 GB HDD's,who needs to compress files??

huh...?
i have 300gb & still LOST for space!!!

BTW,for compression,Did Any1 try out KGV Archiever...IMO,its the BEST compressor!

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well if you just consider compression , i compressed 500 mb office 2007 beta to 2.7 mb with KGB Archiver . if you son't believe , just pm me and i'll give u .

blackleopard92

In the zone
oh well, rar compression is better all round compression for me.after all, how many in the world would wait to compress 10mb of data for 34 min!

anyone can give link to KGV Archiever?I can't find it.

OP
expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well if you just consider compression , i compressed 500 mb office 2007 beta to 2.7 mb with KGB Archiver . if you son't believe , just pm me and i'll give u .

Thats impossible lol !

But if you have done it then upload the 2.7 mb file . any problem in uploading the 2.7 mb file ?

Let me see .

If it becomes possible then what Malcolm and Uwe Herklotz are doing ?

ok well try the winrk 3.0.3 beta and use its Rolz3 compression , it will blow ur mind .

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

prakash2119

I have download a zip file from a website containing Long horn os the file size is
2164.39 KB but when i extracted i was amazed to see the longhorn.iso file has a file size 733MB..So plz can anyone explain me.......

Here is the file

*www.esnips.com/doc/2799928f-1924-4369-844e-84dce74f7693/Full_Longhorn.zip

WinRK always gives an 'out of memory' error when i try to compress a 500MB folder using PWCM.Can anyone help?
i have 512 MB memory.

new123

winrk Maximum(PWCM) profile needs 800 mb ram.
Make custom profile, select compression method rolz3, fpw1-4, pwcm
select model size in MB, select largest optimised match, bit-stream model order, etc....
and I have fast. medium, slow compression profiles... medium, high compression.
compare
uncompressed 75.9 MB 261 files (exe, bmp, jpg, htm....)
rar2.50 (cl a -m5 -r -s) 44.0 MB in 42.0s new in 1999
rar3.00 (cl a -m5 -r -s) 43.6 MB in 75.0s new in 2002
rar3.60b8 (cl a -m5 -r -s) 43.6 Mb in 58.0s new in 2006
7z442 (cl a -mx=9 -md=32m -mfb0273 -r) 43.2 mb in 83.0s
uharc 0.6b (cl a -m3 -md32768 -mm+ -r) 42.9 mb in 265s
winrk3.0.3 (rolz3 model 128 mb match 32 bit-stream 0, fast analysis....) 42.7 mb in 247s

winrar no changes in 4 years in compression.
Tested in P4 3.0E 512 MB RAM (7z4.42 and rar3.60b8 multithread)

winrar 3.60b8 (best solid) 43.6 mb in 74.0 s (set processor affinity to cpu0).

Venom

Journeyman
expertno.1 said:
Thats impossible lol !

But if you have done it then upload the 2.7 mb file . any problem in uploading the 2.7 mb file ?

Let me see .

If it becomes possible then what Malcolm and Uwe Herklotz are doing ?

ok well try the winrk 3.0.3 beta and use its Rolz3 compression , it will blow ur mind .

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1
What he says is true, KGB can do that but it takes hell lot of time, thus not practical for normal usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom