Winrar's makin me cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallenfromgrace

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
well ihave a problem and here it is. a few montha ago me and a friend created an archive using winrar 2.0. we then sealed it by using the encryption. the archive contains a lot of pics, wallpapers. the pictures we really need. the problem is that we dont seem to remember the password. we tried all possibilities and then resorted to cracking it. its no use any way. the software says it will take more than a year to crack the code. so can any one help? is ther an other way to bypass the password? can one use an editor an open the raw file to get the password from the file itself? please help if any1 can
thanxx

sms_solver

In the zone
I do have same problem. I forgot the password of the rar file.

So, i suggest anyone using password with rar, to write or type the password somewhere in excel or in copy.

Explorer

Right off the assembly line
Recover

Use "Password recovery kit " software. It can help you all kinds of passwords recovery.

aadipa

Padawan
Re: Recover

fallenfromgrace said:
Hi guys,
well ihave a problem and here it is. a few montha ago me and a friend created an archive using winrar 2.0. we then sealed it by using the encryption. the archive contains a lot of pics, wallpapers. the pictures we really need. the problem is that we dont seem to remember the password. we tried all possibilities and then resorted to cracking it. its no use any way. the software says it will take more than a year to crack the code. so can any one help? is ther an other way to bypass the password? can one use an editor an open the raw file to get the password from the file itself? please help if any1 can
thanxx

Did u saw this ?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164594&highlight=#164594

and this
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=170597&highlight=#170597

@Explorer:
This is old thread, dont bring it up again.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Very difficult man...............
If the file is small enough Send it to me and I may try on it..........
khattam.khattam[at]gmail.com

rajas

In the zone
Hmm letz see.
Try RAR Key or RAR Password Cracker

Both are shareware so might reveal first few letters of the password. So try ur luck with them.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
yaar "fallenfromgrace", it seems u have to spend this millenia hackin the password, for as far as i know, hacking rar passwords (the longer it is, the longer it takes (exponentially)) takes up a lot of chip power and time (read 100s of years); even with the best password recovery sw!!!

Hey!!! If it's a known word (not name or so) then there is a way out. U get dictionaries, word lists with some Password recovering sw for dictionary attack. They could speeden up things to about 1/2 an hr. Or the password has to be small (max of 4 letters). That is ur only way out. Anything more takes infinity.

U might need a grid of supercomputers to get this done with asap ;)

IF U WANNA HEAR FROM THE EXPERTS : GO HERE;

RAR archives are encrypted by the much stronger AES-128 standard; now READ THIS

HERE
AND HERE (might relieve u a bit)

HELP ON PASSWORDS

A better idea will be to dump the file.. collect new ones...

For ur happiness & experimentation... try these

Advanced Archive Password Recovery
RAR Password Cracker
RAR Key

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
nd just a lil off topic....
what were the pictures of ??? that u need so badly?? pictures that u really need ...!!! what r those ...!!!

i guess u'll have to start collecting the pics again .. have tried a lot of cracking softwares ... none worked ... :(

anomit

In the zone
My computer came with WinRAR bundled. I have seen that there are two programs with it: RAR Password Cracker v4.11 and Advanced Archive Password Recovery 2.20

[EDITED] koolbluez has already mentioned them though. I dint see.

|< 0 0 | |3 | |_| e z

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
|< 0 0 | |3 | |_| e z

Kool maan.. anomit... u got a new way to spell me out...

I'll put it into my siggy, thnx.

cheetah

In the zone
Guys u can crack the passwords of RAR files using these password crackers but i guess he used the Self Extracting EXE option while compiling the archive , No???

If hes done so then i think nothing can be done...

Gaurav

In the zone
If u have forgot your password no software can help you. There's another way keep your machine on for one year to let the software find password for the file. Tried many softs but none of them helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom