WINNT folder = 2.64 GB ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijitraja

Broken In
my WINNT folder in Wndows 2000 is 2.64 GB. Can any one suggest possible reasons ? is there any utility from where i can reclaim space ? i am sure the directory must be full of temporary files.

aadipa

Padawan
Try Crap Cleaner (CCleaner)

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :)

*www.ccleaner.com/

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
aadipa said:
Try Crap Cleaner (CCleaner)

CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :)

*www.ccleaner.com/
Thanks mate !
Was looking for a FREE solution for a LONG time!

sahil_blues

In the zone
i have been using ccleaner for a long time...after reading this topic i checked my Windows XP folder.....i was shocked to see 4.8 GB!!!!.....i then ran ccleaner....but i cloul only clean around 800mb....what about the remaining???....if i remember it correctly....the folder was around 1.2 gb when i formatted my pc.....

aadipa

Padawan
sahil_blues said:
i have been using ccleaner for a long time...after reading this topic i checked my Windows XP folder.....i was shocked to see 4.8 GB!!!!.....i then ran ccleaner....but i cloul only clean around 800mb....what about the remaining???....if i remember it correctly....the folder was around 1.2 gb when i formatted my pc.....

Use SequoiaView to find which files are taking up space on your hard disk.

With SequoiaView u should get diagram like this tell what files u taking how much space. Each rectangle is a file on disk. Just hover ur mouse over rectangle to see the filename in tooltip. Other info about file is displayed at status bar.
make sure to select Show hidden and system files in options to view all files.

Here is what u should get
*img233.echo.cx/img233/5185/screenshotsequoiaview7vd.th.jpg

Get it from *www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

Larger the rectangle, larger the file.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom