WindowsBlinds 5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller

In the zone
WindowBlinds is a program that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Windows to however you want it to look like. It allows you to completely customize your desktop by changing the style of title bars, buttons, and toolbars. You can change the look of buttons and check boxes by assigning them skins, or personalities, and you can assign buttons that will launch programs to toolbars. You can create your own skins, choose from the four that are included in the program, or download additional ones. You can also choose to exclude certain programs from WindowBlinds if you don't want to change their appearances.

The Link:*storage.stardock.com/files/windowblinds5_public.exe

planetcall

Indian by heart
Yeah its a killer app. I have been using it since long. Though WB5 has not been released as yet. It has been scheduled and will be released while most of us will be sleeping. I just checked the website for being sure.

*www.mainzelahr.de/smile/muede/61.gif

hcp006sl

Journeyman
The public version and the full version are not the same. Transparency is not left out of the shareware version. They have included Aura, 5imple Alpha, Cyclops & DogMax4 which all support transparency in WB5 shareware, just don't support it on downloaded skins.

*skins3.wincustomize.com/Himangshu/screenshots/t13280.jpg

Source:*hcp.wincustomize.com/

i Was using the beta version.though it looks were awesome.but it crashes most of the times....and sometimes toolbars get messed with each other......
transparency was too cool......

i hope all this been fixed in the released version......

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Well WindowBlinds still remains a nightmare for me...
This realease aswell...

After I installed it and rebooted my PC , I was immediately greeted with a system crash ! And after that Window Blinds refused to uninstall ! In the end after messing around I finally found a way out to uninstall it..

And this happened with almost all the WB installations I tried...

I'm never gonna try the future versions of this software now for sure...

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
NikhilVerma said:
Well WindowBlinds still remains a nightmare for me...
This realease aswell...

After I installed it and rebooted my PC , I was immediately greeted with a system crash ! And after that Window Blinds refused to uninstall ! In the end after messing around I finally found a way out to uninstall it..

And this happened with almost all the WB installations I tried...

I'm never gonna try the future versions of this software now for sure...

Ya ...same experience here ! It also hogs a big amount of resource... I use Uxtheme patch for downloaded skins...Any idea how to use wb skins without installing wb????

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK!

Got it and installed it yesterday :D ( Of course! The Enhanced Version :wink: )

Its a gr8 version of WindowBlinds and is not taking so much resources. Very light! :wink:

PS: But can't see transparent toolbars bcoz I don't hv external graphix card...

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
just tried WB5... :(
i also never liked the feeling, UI feeling i get with WB... (it's kinda complex mental pixel-pixel thingy tht don't suits me with WB on my desks... ) never been my taste... :(

planetcall

Indian by heart
I am amazed with your experiences. Well without being fascinated by the beauty let me tell you my experience. I find WB really a very smart killer application. It is light on my system and has never been a resource hog sane some skins as antares animated. It has never crashed and made my pc experience really great. It looks really cool. I have not yet tested the WB5 but the developers claim that it is now lighter than native Windows UI engine and now it works as a windows extension and there is no need of WB loader at startup. You can safely turnoff windows Themes Service and enjoy the great look of it. But I am suspicious as how the new glass look is gonna be light on my system. My system configuration is P4 3GHz with 256MB DDR 400MHz Original Intel865GVHZ with 80(7200RPM)GB+20(5400RPM)GB PATA HDD.

hcp006sl

Journeyman
The previous shot was taken on x64 platform.
Now here is WB5 on x86 platform.

*skins3.wincustomize.com/Himangshu/screenshots/t13315.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom