"Windows7 & Office14 To Be Just As Big as Vista & Office2007"

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Windows Seven and Office 14 will be just as Big as Windows Vista and Office 2007 - Vista and Office 2007, and definately not the last of their kinds!

Windows Vista and the 2007 Office System will be followed by Windows Seven and Office 14. Kevin Turner, Chief Operating Officer, present at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference 2007 in Denver on July 10 emphasized the fact that Windows Vista will neither be the last of its kind, nor the last big operating system release from the Redmond company.

Source : Softpedia.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Proposed changes in Windows 7

A compleately new GUI, something we have not seen ever. This will change the way we interact with computers.

(Source : Minority report :D)

A new kernel written from scratch. Yes the old code & application which depend on current kernel will run in a Virtual Machine or Sandbox/ Emulated mode.

Support for multiple CPU cores for the kernel. You can give the OS one core completely while the applications will use the other cores

WinFS for sure

I guess a DirectX 10 based GUI, maybe Aero 2.0.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
gx_saurav said:
Proposed changes in Windows 7

A compleately new GUI, something we have not seen ever. This will change the way we interact with computers.

(Source : Minority report :D)

A new kernel written from scratch. Yes the old code & application which depend on current kernel will run in a Virtual Machine or Sandbox/ Emulated mode.

Support for multiple CPU cores for the kernel. You can give the OS one core completely while the applications will use the other cores

WinFS for sure

I guess a DirectX 10 based GUI, maybe Aero 2.0.
All that is Known Stuff..but whatever currently is available is way more than enough :D..But Its M$ who just cant be stopped:p

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
now that laptops r sold more than desktops
it would be better if redmond did not make any heavier softwares cuz they decrease battery life:(

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
what I am truly looking forward to, is UNIX style shell based windows. gui wrappers around powershell.
That was initially planned with vista, but it has to be in vienna

rocker

Broken In
man ... i can't even inagine wat Windows 7 will look like.... Vista in itself is too good... wat all can MS do is unmaginable...they take technology to a all new height...

Sathyan A. S.

Broken In
I heard there on going OS projects are, Singularity and Windows Vienna. Is this Windows 7 the same Windows Vienna?

Please post the link where you got the information from.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
rocker said:
i can't even inagine wat Windows 7 will look like...

planning to put up some nice pix about them at my site. changing hosts. so check up aftr a wk if posbl.

singularity : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singularity_(operating_system)

Sathyan A. S.

Broken In
Sathyan A. S. said:
I heard there on going OS projects are, Singularity and Windows Vienna. Is this Windows 7 the same Windows Vienna?

Please post the link where you got the information from.

Okey! I got the answer.
*redmondmag.com/columns/article.asp?editorialsid=1623

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom