windows xp validation failed what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
hi
i have just tested my xp service pack 2 at microsoft site and validation shows that ita a pirated version. What will happen if i am not interested in buying the key? will my system stop working . what shuld i do ?

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
You won't be able to get timely system updates released by Microsoft. Your system won't stop working, but it'll keep popping up pointers during booting and in the taskbar, asking you to buy a genuine copy of Windows XP.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Results in a unstable system, loads of BSOD. At last you will also end up as Windows Haters. Use genuine - you will come to know how good is Windows XP.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Results in a unstable system, loads of BSOD. At last you will also end up as Windows Haters. Use genuine - you will come to know how good is Windows XP.
how many person here use geniun win XP and how many of them get BSOD regularly, infrequent BSOD are part of windows XP and every body lives with it
all what will happen is frequent bugging to buy orignal
and BTW
WGA is part of critisim every were and most people with geniune XP/VISTA give all there info to microsoft.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
abhasbajpai said:
how many person here use geniun win XP and how many of them get BSOD regularly, infrequent BSOD are part of windows XP and every body lives with it
all what will happen is frequent bugging to buy orignal
and BTW
WGA is part of critisim every were and most people with geniune XP/VISTA give all there info to microsoft.

I have genuine Windows XP Home edition at home. It was installed 8 months ago and till now I have not faced a single BSOD/crash. Windows XP is a very stable OS provided you have all the necessary updates and do sensible browsing. All PC's in our dept (Office) have Windows XP Pro and it's now already more than 1.5 years- no BSOD.

WGA is a criticized! No wonder? Microsoft has all rights to make it more stringent. Windows is NOT a freeware. You have no rights to play with WGA.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Kiran_tech_mania said:
I have genuine Windows XP Home edition at home. It was installed 8 months ago and till now I have not faced a single BSOD/crash. Windows XP is a very stable OS provided you have all the necessary updates and do sensible browsing. All PC's in our dept (Office) have Windows XP Pro and it's now already more than 1.5 years- no BSOD.
i am using p****** for xp pro 1.5 years only 1 BSOD that too due to faulty ram module, so its = genuine
BTW i do nonsense browsing going to every site i see with only zone alarm to protect (free version) with avg home
every patch is available = genuine
so its that get genuine to feed uncle bill who is charging exorbitantly
but be legal buy windows ;)

WGA is a criticized! No wonder? Microsoft has all rights to make it more stringent. Windows is NOT a freeware. You have no rights to play with WGA.
play with WGA ??????????? WGA is playing with users transmitting there info to Microsoft server without the knowledge of the user, Is this not ethical ???????
well ethics and Microsoft are altogether two dimensions :)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
abhasbajpai said:
play with WGA ??????????? WGA is playing with users transmitting there info to Microsoft server without the knowledge of the user, Is this not ethical ???????
well ethics and Microsoft are altogether two dimensions :)

Well, regarding WGA there has been lot of controversy calling WGA as a spyware. I agree that WGA sends info without user's consent. But it is agreeable being a part of OS. I don't see any problem in Microsoft website checking for genuineness. They are putting hard work to fix loop holes and have every right to give it to genuine customers. What's unethical about it?

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Kiran_tech_mania said:
I don't see any problem in Microsoft website checking for genuineness. They are putting hard work to fix loop holes and have every right to give it to genuine customers. What's unethical about it?
cheaking genuineness ok but without the concesens of user ????????
this is unithical, then apart form cheaking geniunness it steals all type of data
that is unithical,
and every security suite for WINDOWS regards it as spyware, if they treat is as spyware despite of the fact thet these software make money through windows as these software are made for windows,
its a spyware.
backdoors are made in most of the software but uncle bill is leading the way to next genration, may some day due to this WGA all your net banking passwords and other info can be with uncle bill and he will gonna sell it to marketing co's to make more money and those co's will make money by target marketing
LONG LIVE UNCLE BILL with his great ideas ;)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
abhasbajpai said:
cheaking genuineness ok but without the concesens of user ????????
this is unithical, then apart form cheaking geniunness it steals all type of data
that is unithical,
and every security suite for WINDOWS regards it as spyware, if they treat is as spyware despite of the fact thet these software make money through windows as these software are made for windows,
its a spyware.
backdoors are made in most of the software but uncle bill is leading the way to next genration, may some day due to this WGA all your net banking passwords and other info............

Oh come on...don't be so skeptical about it. WGA is not transmitting any kind of personal data. It just takes the License key of Windows for verification. No antispyware programs target it as spyware. And what is uncle bill going to do with your net banking? He already is the richest man on earth! I find uncomfortable taking this thing to such extent..... :rolleyes:

...........can be with uncle bill and he will gonna sell it to marketing co's to make more money and those co's will make money by target marketing
LONG LIVE UNCLE BILL with his great ideas ;)

Company like Microsoft is never gonna attempt such silly things which will corrupt the image globally.

OP
saurabh kakkar

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
Kiran_tech_mania said:
WGA is not transmitting any kind of personal data. It just takes the License key of Windows for verification. No antispyware programs target it as spyware.
Company like Microsoft is never gonna attempt such silly things which will corrupt the image globally.

sorry to say after i installed plugin asked in microsoft site to test validity of my xp.i have checked my system with SPYBOT and IT HAS REPORTED WGA as SPYWARE. I my KASPERSKY 6 had REPORTED outgoing messages after WGA installation.
so i request u not to spread info without any research or unless u r confident
i dont have anything personal against u and r doing a good job its just a peice of advice.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Kiran_tech_mania said:
No antispyware programs target it as spyware. And what is uncle bill going to do with your net banking? He already is the richest man on earth! I find uncomfortable taking this thing to such extent..... :rolleyes:
can you name a good antispyware which dosnt treat is as spyware, norton treats it, and he can do it get more rich and be on top slot, and it does transmit, how many user accounts, and login info etc right now that is disclosed may other things also, which are undisclosed
and BTW even WGA is easly cracked so why the hell they are trying these things

Microsoft has attempted all kinds of things in past why can't they do it this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom