1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Windows XP SP2 Prblm !!

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by nipun_the_gr8, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plz can any1 tell me how can i turn on and configure the antivirus included with win xp sp2 & sp2 created a folder like 43gg35t63g326 in c:.After installing xp sp2 it didn't delete that folder.So plz tell me that shud i manually delete that folder or not.........

2. ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash Web Entrepreneur

u described ur problem bit confusing.... plz try to tell in simple possible english without codes ... ;-)

3. adit_sen

adit_sen New Member

first of all fyi, there is no antivirus included with sp2. its just a configurational utility which does nothing more that checks if there exists a antivirus on ur comp, and also if the definitions are up 2 date...dunno nything bout the folder though...

peace

4. krazydude

krazydude New Member

43gg35t63g326 -->> Looks like these are the extracted SP2 files folder. U can delete them if u want, u need to be logged in as admin 2 do tat.

5. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

There is no built in Antivirus in XP SP2 .. It have built in firewall ..
    Yes you can delete the temporary folder ... Are you sure that installation was complete properly ..? The setup should 've deleted that temp folder .. Anyways .. you can delete it ..

6. sidewinder

sidewinder New Member

Yes u can delete the folder.Under services.msc stop nd disable security center.It is worthless and sucks a lot of memory.

7. OP
    OP
    nipun_the_gr8

nipun_the_gr8 Guest

By the way when i try to delete the "msft" folder inside the "i386" folder, it gives an error that the "windows directory is not empty", but when i open the windows directory,it is completely empty and there r no hidden files or any files..............
    Plz hlp as i am unable to delete that folder............

8. sammy2066

sammy2066 New Member

why would you want to delete it???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.