Windows XP SP2 Prblm !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

Plz can any1 tell me how can i turn on and configure the antivirus included with win xp sp2 & sp2 created a folder like 43gg35t63g326 in c:.After installing xp sp2 it didn't delete that folder.So plz tell me that shud i manually delete that folder or not.........

adit_sen

In the zone
first of all fyi, there is no antivirus included with sp2. its just a configurational utility which does nothing more that checks if there exists a antivirus on ur comp, and also if the definitions are up 2 date...dunno nything bout the folder though...

peace

krazydude

Journeyman
43gg35t63g326 -->> Looks like these are the extracted SP2 files folder. U can delete them if u want, u need to be logged in as admin 2 do tat.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
There is no built in Antivirus in XP SP2 .. It have built in firewall ..
Yes you can delete the temporary folder ... Are you sure that installation was complete properly ..? The setup should 've deleted that temp folder .. Anyways .. you can delete it ..

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes u can delete the folder.Under services.msc stop nd disable security center.It is worthless and sucks a lot of memory.

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

By the way when i try to delete the "msft" folder inside the "i386" folder, it gives an error that the "windows directory is not empty", but when i open the windows directory,it is completely empty and there r no hidden files or any files..............
Plz hlp as i am unable to delete that folder............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom