Windows XP SP2 + DirectX 9.0C Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hi guys,

Is there any way to update the directX present in the Win XP SP2 i.e directx 9.0b to directx 9.0c...?????

When i try to install the directx 9.0c, it says that installation is complete.
but in the directx screen it still show 9.0b. :? :? :?

Many apps require specifically directx 9.0c.....

Even i tried installing the SP2 again.....but nothing usefull....

Please Help..........

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60549 - looks like a procedure to remove and reinstall bad dx9c installation.

Arun

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
cvvikram said:
Is there any way to update the directX present in the Win XP SP2 i.e directx 9.0b to directx 9.0c...?????

hay... me thought that Final relese of windows XP SP2 comes with DX9.0c .... make sure that u r not playing with any RC SP2....

jay4u

In the zone
Yup... even i think that Win Xp SP2 come with directX 9.0c ... where did you get 9.0b dude... apart from it... if you want to integrate directX and SP2 on windows Cd then go to msfn.org and follow a very good step by step approach to make an unattended win xp CD and have fun

sujeet2555

In the zone
cvvikram said:
Hi guys,

When i try to install the directx 9.0c, it says that installation is complete.
but in the directx screen it still show 9.0b. :? :? :?

Many apps require specifically directx 9.0c.....

Even i tried installing the SP2 again.....but nothing usefull....

Please Help..........

hey i have also xp-pro with sp2.i was also facing such problem long ago.so ,i just start experimenting with direct x 9b & 9c.i got successful.so,do it. you will have the setup files of both 9b & 9c.replace the setup file (exe file) in beta folder with setup file of 9c.then install that file.or do it in reverse way. there will be some dll files in beta folder .move them to 9c folder and replace the existing dll files.then install it.

MarcellaL

Right off the assembly line
Hi I know it an old posts but I recently had a problem with my SP2 and I found a great thread in a tech support site that help you deal with these kind of problems.

Here is the page for Windows XP Support

Good luck

mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom