windows xp service packs one and two

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
dear friends,

i had recently upgraded to win xp professional. where can i get service packs one and two other than windows update site. is it available in digits cds. i mean atleast service pack one.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
SP1 was given in Digit December 2002 Mindware CD, and SP2 will, hopefully, be given in this September's CD.

zeeshan_04

Broken In
You can order Windows XP Pro/Home SP2 on CD to be delivered to you free of charge by MICROSOFT

Here's the link-

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

siddhesh

Broken In
By the way Mahendran, Service Packs are cumuative. So if you install SP2, you need not install SP1. September cd will probabely include SP2 & you might as well wait a few more days rather than installing SP1.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I suggest u just install windows Sp 1 and wait till Sp2 is stable..right now its not worth to install....

curvenger

Broken In
Ok before installing service pack .. make sure that ur windows is not a pirated version or else you wont be able to install SP unless u change the PID's !!

IG

Journeyman
rc = release candidate...means it still has bugs and will not be the final sp2.this however does not mean sp2 is not buggy :p

siddhesh

Broken In
Yes, SP2 is very stable. I downloaded SP2 on 10th August itself & after almost one month of usage I will definately give a thumbs up to SP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom