Windows XP Restore Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys!

I want to know how to get back to any system restore point in WinXP professional.

My actual problem is that i have sum files with .7z format which open with a compressing agent named as 7z provided by digit!, by mistake i have set it to open with IE.

Is there any other way of changing this setting instead of going back to any restore point?

If not, plz tell me how to set back to any old system restore point.

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
QwertyManiac said:
else , a simple way is to right click on the archive, go to openwith menu > Choose Program > choose 7z in the top list and then check the below checkbox sayin that Always use this for all files like this or somethin...
and press ok
there u r done now...

Plz read my post once again.

I said that mistakenly i have choosen "Always use IE to open it"
how should i revert to 7z?

If possible plz tell me how to go back to any system restore point?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
What do you mean? That u are not getting an option to "Open with.." in the context menu? Then hold down ur shift key while right clicking on the file. Then try out what he said.
Else, goto "Tools->folder options, click on the "File Types" tab, scroll down to .7z, select it and in the area below u see a button to change the default application.

theraven

Technomancer
reinstall 7z and allocate it the extension if it asks
else it should automatically associate that extension with itself on reinstall

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanx I did it.

BTW if any 1 knows plz let me know how to get back to any restore point in WinXP.

Thanx once again to everyone.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Goto Start->Programs->Accesories->System Tools->System Restore.. Click on restore computer to a previous point.. select the point from the calender and the tab beside it.. click on restore and system restored..

OP
The Incredible

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
anubhav_har said:
Goto Start->Programs->Accesories->System Tools->System Restore.. Click on restore computer to a previous point.. select the point from the calender and the tab beside it.. click on restore and system restored..

Thanx A LOTTTT!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom