Windows XP Problems !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nipun_the_gr8

I have a Samsung Hard Disk (40 GB with 4 Partitions).It has Windows XP Pro. on D: & F: & Windows 98 on C: & E:. Now, here are my problems:

1.)How do I remove these options from Start Menu :
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/nipun_the_gr8/Pic2.jpg
&
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/nipun_the_gr8/Pic3.jpg

2.)How can I change this in the My Computer properties :
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/nipun_the_gr8/Pic1.jpg

3.)How can I make sure that the softwares that I install in Windows XP also install in Windows 98 ?

Thanks in advance................

vysakh

Padawan
1 n 2
can be removed by
right click task bar-->properties--->start menu--->customise--->advanced--->start menu items-->scroll down

geek_rohit

In the zone
You mean you have installed Windows 4 times!!! :shock: That too on all the 4 partitions. Please clarify.
1.As for the first question. Right click on the taskbar. Click no the Start Menu tab, click on Customize, uncheck the Help and Support check box in the Start Menu items: and for the documents list uncheck the List my most Recently opened Documents check box.
2.There are some registry tweaks for that, or you can do it with some software, don't remember the name now. Will find it and tell.
3. This is not possible. You would have to install the softwares separately in both the OSes.

OP
N

nipun_the_gr8

Sorry, I meant that I have installed Windows 98 on C: & Windows Xp Pro. on D: AND The files that I use in Windows XP Pro. are kept in F: & the files that I use in Windows 98 are kept in F:

geek_rohit

In the zone
OK. For a moment you surprised me!!! :shock: Anyways even if you keep the files in different partitions, that won't help. You would have to install the drivers n the applications on both the OSes.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Doug Knox has a way. Go to this site and choose "Win Xp Fixes" in the left panel. You will find "Change Registered Owner and Organization" in the left column.

*dougknox.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom