Windows XP Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
How many digitians have the Microsoft Windows XP Live! CD? I have got the CD. Just you have to Boot up your PC with the CD and you are running the Windows XP Live!.

So, it is the Live! edition of Windows [i don't think so]? What is advantage of this live cd. it doen't impress me too much. having some tool but can we do the all the actions with it, like the XP pro?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
It is to repair the windows in case of ne crash!

Its better than booting in DOS in case u can't enter in Windows!!!

U can format/parttion ur HDD, repair errors, copy paste files, and many other stuffs...

Kniwor

Learner
It will be unfair to call it live windows, i have used BartPE, Preinstall Environment.

whereas a linus live CD provides everything and works like an operating system, this is merely a GUI with few tools, and more resembles a boot CD.

i am not at all impressed by the windows PE

hsnayvid

Journeyman
warrior said:
How many digitians have the Microsoft Windows XP Live! CD? I have got the CD. Just you have to Boot up your PC with the CD and you are running the Windows XP Live!.

So, it is the Live! edition of Windows [i don't think so]? What is advantage of this live cd. it doen't impress me too much. having some tool but can we do the all the actions with it, like the XP pro?

where did you get the cd from??

janitha

Wise Old Owl
hsnayvid said:
warrior said:

where did you get the cd from??

What exactly is the Windows XP Live CD? Is it from MS or somebody else?
Pl clarify.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
yes.. its from microsoft house.....

i have the MCE.... but not the 3 CD one, only 1 installation cd with some customization

janitha

Wise Old Owl
warrior said:
yes.. its from microsoft house.....

i have the MCE.... but not the 3 CD one, only 1 installation cd with some customization

Never heard about it or seen any advertisement!
Will you pl explain the uses, functions, availability etc.

with regards,
V.Prem Kumar

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
janitha said:

with regards,
V.Prem Kumar

Give me a break.... don't ever say that you never heard the Windows Media Centre Edition known as MCE. for more information, go to run>iexplore>www.google.com == Windows Media Centre Edition.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
warrior said:
janitha said:

with regards,
V.Prem Kumar

Give me a break.... don't ever say that you never heard the Windows Media Centre Edition known as MCE. for more information, go to run>iexplore>www.google.com == Windows Media Centre Edition.

I am sorry. I never knew you were talking about Media Centre Edition and that it is commonly known as MCE. In fact i thought it was somthing related to Windows XP.

V.Prem Kumar

TechGuru#1

In the zone
Kniwor said:
TechGuru#1 said:
Warrior or Any1 Else,do u have the WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE OS?
how does that concern you, media centre only comes with prebuilt systems

Now,WARRIOR,.......How abt that?

Will MCE work with any NEW PC ...& partcularly what abt it's working mechanism.......does it also requires a REMOTE as Seen in adv...& do u Have THAT?
...more so....where 2 get the remote to work with the MCE
(Does the remote comes alonwith the MCE pack?)

....Do reply......

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
ok... MCE don't not require a brand new pc. cuz i have installed it.... about the remote.... its a remote for the TV tuner card which is included into th PC.....

the branded PC comes with the Tuner Card.. thats why they have the remote [don't know about the mfg/TV Tuner] i don't have the TV Tuner card.. so .....

q3_abhi.. does your Remote comes with your CD pack?

Kniwor

Learner
q3_abhi said:
Kniwor said:
TechGuru#1 said:
Warrior or Any1 Else,do u have the WINDOWS XP MEDIA CENTRE OS?
how does that concern you, media centre only comes with prebuilt systems

No man , u can get it. I do have Windows Media Centre OS (2-CD)

i said it was not in the stores, u cant purchse it, if u got it, u got it from someone else..... i hoope u get my point...

BTW, i've also got MCE :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom