Windows XP(Internet)problem?Windows'll restart within 15 Sec

Status
Not open for further replies.

imprince

Journeyman
im using windows Xp ...

using dial up connection to connect it to the net.

when i connected it to the net after sometime it gives me the messege<<< ur windows will restart after 15 sec... with countdown timer... and after 15 min. my system gets restart ..
what should i do now... plz tell me da solution .. if there any patch on net plz give me tha link ....

No to SP2

Sourabh

Laptoping
Installing Sp2 is hihgly recommended

i tried patching for this msblast but it doesnt work everytime for some freakin reasons

so the permanent solution wod b to install sp2 and have the windows firewall on.

Well if u want to continue with the worm and do ur work with Windows XP itself then stop the countdown timer by

Start>Run>cmd
shutdown -a

nix

hi

you're computer is infected with the sasser virus. download the patch for it from the microsoft site.

nix

hi

jus type sasser virus patch in google and you'll find your way from there.

OP
I

imprince

Journeyman
Re: hi

nix said:
you're computer is infected with the sasser virus. download the patch for it from the microsoft site.

Is it right It is a problem of Virus :oops: PLZ LOOK :arrow: :arrow: I got the following Discusion from PCQUEST FORUM ... PLZ read it very Carefuly and tell me what do think....

sujay_vs wrote:
This has nothing to do with piracy. It's a stupid flaw in the RPC service. Follow the below steps and get rid of it permanently:

1) Boot into XP, but do not connect to any network (LAN or Internet).

2) Start > Run. Type "services.msc" and press enter.

3) On the right-hand list, scroll down to "Remote Procedure Call (RPC)".

4) Click the "Recovery" tab on top.

5) Set all 3 of "First failure", "Second failure" and "Subsequent failures" to "Restart the Service".
-- since you're getting the shutdown thing, these would currently be set to "Restart the Computer", right?

6) Click OK and reboot your PC.

Now you can do whatever you like. That box will not appear (for the same reason) again.

but i can't get rid from that problem .....
and my reply to that of my friend is

My Friends after doing this i got that msg 2 time ......

shutdown -a is da only solution for me at that time ............ what should i do now

now can u tell me what should i do now

nix

hi

i dont know for sure if its a virus prob. but still , install the patch for the virus.. nothing wrong in it. also try windows update.
i too had a similar mesage whnever i used to connect to the net. the only difference is taht it used to restart in 50 secs. i downloaded the blaster and sasser patches and the problem solved. :)

[digitt]

Broken In
possibly thats sasser...
go to task manager search for a process aveserve.exe or avserve1 or 2, also look for any process which is stating wid a number and ending wid _up.exe lik 1234_up.exe..., or netsky.exe
end task these and also search and delete them.....
disable system restore
go to start run type shutdown -a ...
connect to the internet
go to www.microsoft.com/downloads and download the patch and removal tool for sasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom