windows xp defrag

Status
Not open for further replies.

venket_sushant

Right off the assembly line
its urgent

when i defrag using auslogics disk defrag it easily defrags the files but when i use win own defragmenter its shows the error that some files are not defrag & then when i scrolls down in that error box to see what r the files which r not defrag it shows nothing & shows the empty box ive also checked the harddisk properties that if the harddisk is corrupted but its shows the harddisk is in healthy position ive also used so many software to check the harddisk but it shows the good signs but i dont understand this windows defrag problem plz help

my email venket_sushant@yahoo.co.in

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
Windows Disk Defragmentor does not Defragment the System files which are being accessed currently. Even the 3rd Party defragmentors cannot defragment those files which are currently being accessed.

I do not think there is anything wrong with your hard disk, but just for conformation , run this command in the Command Promt

chkdsk /f C:

where C is your drives letter.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
some time whe u have large files on disk, and very little empty space, Windows Defrag tool fails to move them.... free up some space and try defrag then...

anandk

Distinguished Member
also defrag in safe mode.

putting ur email on the forum/net is an invitation for junk mail :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom