Windows XP Booting and Installation Error (LILO Error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijitraja

Broken In
I hv a p4 1.6 256 sdram machine. It had mandrake 9.1 and win xp OS. It got improperly shut down and then onwards started to show some LILO Bootloader error.. some checksum error. I wasnt able to start windows xp as well. I thought of removing the linux partitions and install the windows boot record. I inserted the win xp bootable installation cd and chose the repair install mode. It checked it and didnt proceed saying "C: corrupted, cant proceed" ... from the next time onwards it isnt even recognizing the old windows installation. I tried using mbrfix and fixboot in the Recovery console mode but no help.
Next i thought of doing a fresh installation on another partition. I deleted the linux partitions, formatted with fat32 and tried to install on this partition but it showed "Checking existing drives, c: ... ' and then again that same messgae "C: corrupted, cant proceed" .... i dont wanna format c: cos it has some data which i need. Please gimme options what all i can do..

devarajan

Journeyman
1.i think u harddirve has crashed severly.so try to access c: using live linux cd.

2.Orelse install the windows on d: after formating it d:??????

OP
A

arijitraja

Broken In
i need data on c: so cant format it. and if i install on any other drive it will chck c: as well and say that it cant continue. y do u want me to check c: using linux cd? what purpose will it solve ?

devarajan

Journeyman
arijitraja said:
i need data on c: so cant format it. and if i install on any other drive it will chck c: as well and say that it cant continue. y do u want me to check c: using linux cd? what purpose will it solve ?

U can backup some saved data's and this help u know???Try whether u can access it or not.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom