windows xp automatic updates, question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

while downloading the automatic updates, y cant i see how many downloads has finished and how many stil left... every time after the dls started, i can only see the % of completion, clicking on that wudnt do anything to show the finished and dl components.... how can i see that? at times this update becomes really annoying!! :( also after starting to download, is there any way to "stop" it. i dont want it to be in the taskbar at all... eventhough when we r dl, it wudnt download...

/legolas

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i think u should download the updates one by one..
there will be only a notification icon in the taskbar that updates are ready for you to download
set the automatic updates setting as follows..
*img473.imageshack.us/img473/4008/captured2bh.jpg

now when you click the updates icon a screen like this will appear..
download only when you wish
*img473.imageshack.us/img473/1470/captured14fk.jpg

.:peace:.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
helo pranay, i knew what u hav explained. but what u say is "before" starting the download. i am asking abt things after the dl started. i hav to see what files download hav completed by clicking on the icon that remains in the taskbar and shows only percentage and fails to open when clicked on it while downloading. am i getting the point precisely? :-o

/legolas

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
There is no benefit in double-clicking on tray icon, it'll show nothing!

U can do only one thing!

Goto: C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download

In this folder u can see which updates hv been d/l ed, though u may find sometimes long names in stead of correct update numbers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom