windows xp and windows 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishkamat

Broken In
hi friends..
i m ashish frm surat.. i have windows 98 and windows xp sp2 on my pc.. my configuration is 256 ddr ram , p4, 80 gb hard disk,mercury processor
when i updated widnows xp yesterday and restarted i was asked admisnistrator password which i had never made.. please help out as i m not able to enter windows xp

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well, u must have set an administrator password .... while u have installed the XP it is asked during the set up ..

So try & remember it & if U cant then U have use some ghost s/w(s) ... there R many s/w(s) allow U to enter the windows XP .... & can change ur pass with these s/w ....

OP
A

ashishkamat

Broken In
no dear .. i tried everything password was not taken .. and first of all inever set user in my set up so no point of it coming suddenly after 5 days just after i updates my windows update..

Bomb

Broken In
Google "LC4". It recovers passwords.

That might help you.

Arre during installing xp , you r asked for creating the administrator account and its password. You dint do it ?

And from when Mercury started making processors ? That must be the mobo.

Tech&ME

Banned
well its true that you are asked to create an admin account during WinXP installtion but u can leave the admin password field blank as it is not complusory to do so.

And regarding ashishkamat 's problem, its not the Service Pack 2 which you installed 5 days earlier is actually the problem. You must have installed some program or some program might have installed automatically when you were on the NET, this programs might have changed or overwritten some windows system file. Windows XP is acutually not able to detect the required file to start windows XP and hence is asking for the admin password, which will allow the administrator to actually replace the old XP sys file back. An administrator previlage has been set for sys file changes, and in this case it seems only Administrator is allowed to replace XP sys file on your computer. There seems no solution to this, untill and unless u get the password right.

You can try to boot from the Windows XP bootable CD or installation CD and go to recovery console with command prompt, from there try to create a new user account ( command mode ). Now, try to login with your new admin account, this MAY work out, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom