Windows XP 64 bit - First Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
First Look

There is nothing really out of the ordinary here. Windows 64 looks almost identical to Windows XP 32 bit. However, there was one thing that did catch my eye and that was dual Internet Explorer Icons.

The first icon was the 32 bit version of the browser. The second one was a full fledged 64 bit version of Internet Explorer. Side by side comparisons revealed little difference between the two expect for the fact that NONE of your 32 bit tool bars or plug-ins will work with the 64 bit version of the browser. They did, however install without a hitch to the 32 bit version of the browser.

Source

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
i guess if its so same.. they should have released it as a service pack. atleast the competitors did so.. but then this is microsoft.... they just want money honey :p

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
huh ? dude its a 64 bit OS how do u release it as a patch ????! And secondly MS is giving it away for free all you need to do is get ur 32 bit OS and exchange it for the 64 bit.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
icecoolz said:
huh ? dude its a 64 bit OS how do u release it as a patch ????! And secondly MS is giving it away for free all you need to do is get ur 32 bit OS and exchange it for the 64 bit.

Well Apple did that thing with Jaguar...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
A 64 bit upgrade ? Considering that they follow completely different architecture to that of thw windows system I dont see a problem. However can you forsee the same with a windows system many system configurations are not the same. Hey I have a single piece of H/W which I know what it looks like and works and hence I can write the upgrade. So easy if you have a set standard to work on isnt it. But then its easy considering the marketshare of the Macs as such. Macs dont even come second...Need I say more....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
dude it doesn't depend upon the market share and stuff... its just writing a piece of code.. do u think its simple coding for g3, g4 or g5 which are completely different?

Whats it gotta do with the market share?

Frankly... launching it as a service pack can benefit more ppl... ppl in countries like bangladesh or nepal who own a geniune copy of XP... its diffficult for people to exchange in such countries.....

Ashis

In the zone
But Whos gonna upgrade !!!
Duo U have the hardware for It ???
Sill people Shift easy :?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Its easier coding for a H/W than interfacing software. Most of the S/W that comes with Macs are bundled with the system anyways. So its so much easier for me to write it cos I know what the H/W is for each G4/G5. Ur tellin me its the same as writing a code for a windows XP on a Intel 65 bit or a AMD 64 bit ??? somehow I dont think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom