Windows Vista SP1 Final is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
At last after a long wait Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is finally out officially.

Overview :

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses feedback from our customers. In addition to previously released updates, SP1 will contain changes focused on addressing specific reliability, performance, and compatibility issues; supporting new types of hardware; and adding support for several emerging standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish (Traditional).

Download
32 bit version
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...6d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en

64 bit version
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...4b-32b2-41cc-bd8b-d71eda5ec07c&displaylang=en

Last edited:
Are there any changes with the prerequisites ie. KB937287, KB938371 and KB935509??

They were causing problems with some configs and Microsoft removed them from WU, AFAIK.

@anandk: At your website in the prerequisites article, www.winvistaclub.com/e8.html to be exact, you have written :

These are prerequisites required for Vista SP1. For all versions KB935509 is a must. For Vista Ultimate and Business users, KB937287, KB938371 too.

I think this is a mistake, KB937287 and KB938371 are actually for all versions as they update the Servicing layer of Windows Vista as well as some other compatibility issues and KB935509 is for Ultimate and Buisness users as it updates the BitLocker component of these versions. Plz correct me if i am wrong.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wow! was waitin for it! time to download it tru our super fast college's wifi.

a 9^9^9^9 times thanks for the news!

OP
debsuvra

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Installed smoothly but had to unistall Zonealarm because of some driver compatibility problems

This is not a driver incompatibility problem and rather a software incompatibility issue. The list of programs that does not compatible with Vista in some way is described here : *support.microsoft.com/kb/935796

Also for your case, there are a updated version of ZoneAlarm available at the official site. Check it here : *www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/vista.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
This is not a driver incompatibility problem and rather a software incompatibility issue. The list of programs that does not compatible with Vista in some way is described here : *support.microsoft.com/kb/935796

Also for your case, there are a updated version of ZoneAlarm available at the official site. Check it here : *www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/vista.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en

I had reinstalled latest zonealarm firewall and is running fine

by the way thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom