that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification."
can this problem also in rc1?
can any body tell me how to mount rc1 on win xp i have power iso but there
is no use of that
alo tell me there is any soft ware which creat unattended setup of
vista???????????????

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Extract the whole iso on ur hard disk (using any iso extracting sw like isobuster, nero image drive etc) and then run setup from there. That's how i installed it without any probs.
Don't know about the unattended setup ... someone else has to help u there.

nikhilrao

Journeyman
Where can I download vista ? Or can anyone here send me a CD, I will email u my adrs and pay for mail charges. Sorry for the trouble.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I got the vista bete dvd from somewhere. How to check its version? which beta? Ive searched all text filen but no use. Also dun have the CD key nd the one in it gives some authentification error? DO i need liscence for beta too? if no , plz give some workin sn. of various workin vista betas out now.

hemant_mathur

Yes u need a serial/product key for vista ... get it from the link i have given in above post.Also get the latest version, ie, RC1 as it is much better than the Beta2 version which was given earlier.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. if u have Nero then u can use Image drive .. alternatively u may try utilities like Alchohol or Daemon Tools ...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@hemant_mathur
do the sign up need a genuine win XP? And what i want is the serial no. of beta2. I can't think bout downloading that 3.4GB!!!on my 64kbps unlimited.
They say it ll cos me 700 bucks for a beta...Is it worth it? How long can i use this beta? If i can use is as many days then Im gonna buy it.

Last edited:

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
can u tell me how to use DAP to dwnld the file??? as the akamai manager doesnt let me schedule the dwnld....and if i click on the link to download using the browser, the download begins with internet explorer..

hemant_mathur

aravind_n20 said:
@hemant_mathur
do the sign up need a genuine win XP? And what i want is the serial no. of beta2. I can't think bout downloading that 3.4GB!!!on my 64kbps unlimited.
and how much will it cost if i order a DVD? inclusive of all the shipping , handling etc?

No the sign - up does not need to be done from genuine xp (btw you are not using pirated xp .. if yes then plz dont do so .. either buy it or try free alternatives like linux). After the sign up check ur email ... there should be a mail from microsoft which contains the serial number ..no need to download the full vista again.
I am not sure about the Dvd kit charges as i have not used that option but i think it costs somewhere around Rs 720 .
Do try to get RC1 from somewhere as Beta 2 is not that good.
If u still get any probs then PM me i'll give u the key.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
do the sign up need a genuine win XP?

Its a Brand New OS... why would u warry about ur XP ?? :p how do expect it to check it which installing in a clean HDD...

buttom line is, u dont even need XP to get vista Installed... :p it can be installed in a blank HDD

anyway... I downloaded th both x64 and x86 version... x64 is much much faster !!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@saurav_cheeta
can we dual boot an x64 nd x86 version? Heard somewhere that x64 needs bios update.
@hemant_mathur
hi..i dun think i can get the new RC1. SO i wudve to install this beta2. Plz give me the s/n if u can.
Also if its worth buyin the RC1 for 700/-??Does this RC1 have ny expiry???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Indyan
how did ya hear bout huge probelms in x64 RC1. Few people have tried it nd its the latest nd hottest vista version.

------------------------------------------------------------
Also can i install x64 RC1 from an x86 winXP??Or if the dvd a bootable one nd can be directly installed to HDD?

hemant_mathur

@aravind : I'll give the key today only .. dont have it right now but i'll give asap.
Also it can be installed by booting from the dvd and installing by booting from the dvd is considered good as keeps the vista drive as C drive in Vista
@Indyan : U should try x64 version as few of my friends have tried it and liked it more than x86 ver.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
the x64 is 3.7Gb but the x86 is only 2.6GB.
Do all the windows softies [xp x86] work on vista[x86]??especially the games???nd which drivers should i install???
currently downloadin RC1 x86. It would take at least a week.

hemant_mathur

Try to get x64 drivers as x86 drivers wont work on the 64 bit one. Also very few x86 sw run on the x64 version so try to get x64 version of the sw u wanna use

Last edited:

╬Switch╬

In the zone
Hey can anyone tell me which is the latest version of vista? Is it RC1?
Has anyone downloaded it already . If anyone has please mail me I shall pay for the mail charges.Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom