Windows Vista Prices Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykora

I see right through you.
|SOURCE|

Windows XP Prices also listed for comparison.

FULL VERSIONS
Windows Vista Ultimate $499
Windows XP Professional w/SP2 $429
Windows Vista Business $379
Windows Vista Home Premium $299
Windows Vista Home Basic $259
Windows XP Home w/SP2 $259

UPGRADE
Windows Vista Ultimate Upgrade $299
Windows XP Professional w/SP2 Upgrade $259
Windows Vista Business Upgrade $249
Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade $199
Windows Vista Home Basic Upgrade $129
Windows XP Home w/SP2 Upgrade $129

All prices are in Canadian Dollars, unfortunately. You have to do the conversions yourself I'm afraid.

go_gamez

In the zone
i think...i will have to be wid my xp pro...too costly...anywayz with specl..offers after release the prices gonna come down..

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I think XP pro is 9000/- in India. I got a genuie copy with my laptop a couple of months back. And the prices you have given here are too much? Am I missing something?

go_gamez

In the zone
they r not too much..they are in canadian ..dollars..convert them..to USD..and see.but still they are high...anywayz ..its micorsoft..what can we say,...

G

gxsaurav

Quite costly, Windows XP Pro is 7.6K here & XP Home is 3.8K

Something we all forget is the requirement, since most of us are used to piracy we like to go for the highest end OS, just tell how many of u use Windows XP Pro & actually need Pro, u don't XP home is enough for everything

MS has done one good thing, releasing many versions of Windows Vista, which may sound confusing but if u note down the requirement of yours, then seriously Windows Vista Home basic or Home premium is enough

U will get home premium with OEM anyway, such as Dell or HP, home basic for low end PCs cos the only different between Home pro & basic is aero glass, which u may or may not like at all

I sorted down my use, I don't need the MCE interface, so home basic is good enough for me, but I do like Aero Glass so home premium is what I will go for

Ultimate edition is useless, it's too much, I mean, who needs tablet PC interface, & 1000 of network related services of features on a home PC anyway

besides, Vista has this Upgrade anytime feature, u can buy Home basic now, & later on, if require upgrade to Home premium

mediator

Technomancer
@prakash...right said dood! Neways who cares about the price in India.......hehe! U know what I mean.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
That's right, @Prakash. Seeing the huge price to pay to get Vista will force more
users (home & Office) to shift to Linux!!! Who knows in that case MS will cut it's
Vista prices.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
I don't think vista worth its high price tag. It remains to see how well ms has responding to security issues with windows thru vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom