Windows Update V6 Officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Microsoft has quitely released the Windows Update v6, for all versions of windows, the most significant new feature is the online key validator, also it is no longer known as Windows Update v6 but Microsoft Update

Source Neowin & Microsoft

Direct Link : *update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us requires IE

It will update Windows, Office & a few other MS products like SQL server etc if installed on the PC, in my case it downloadded about 1.6 MB to update the activex component,

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hey gx.... hope u have read the problem that we (who used the beta v6 updater) faced in the last topic about this v6 updater....

now i have the beta v6 updater.... how can i will be able to install the install the stabel version (hope its a stable one) off this v6.... as the beta is giving lots of problem....

OP
G

gxsaurav

I jumped from V5 to v6, I would say that delete your temporary internet files for IE, then go to C:\Windows\Download program files & delete the Windows Update ActiveX component, now the next time, when U open the link I gave above it will open & install Windows Update v6 aka Microsoft update in your system

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm the microsoft updater was suppose to detect updates of all the MS product install in the system.... i have MS antispyware install.... but the updater dont detect any update for it..... i thought there is no new update...

alas!! after all the MS updates were install suddenly a Antispyware pop up messege comes up asking me to download the new version of the product....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
yup.... there is few problem.....

it takes lot of time to search & decide that which updates r there for ur system.... (I know it may b bzq of internet trafic...).... but i have seen this happens even with system running 512 kbps connection.....

& not mantioning that.... it thinks MS antispyware isnt a MS product....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom