Windows Registry corrupt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biplav

In the zone
ok
i keep getting this all the time in both my os- 2000 and xp home.
can u tell me how to solve this.
i use norton corporate edition 8 with latest updates. spybot and lavasoft ad-aware.
i use regseeker and windows registry repair pro too.. now why is the problem still comin
*img286.echo.cx/img286/7500/machine31hy.jpg
*img286.echo.cx/img286/3328/machine21fa.jpg
*img72.echo.cx/img72/5669/machine1bb.jpg

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
yup...they r messenger service cr@p .... disable it ...
also frm system propeties >advanced>error reporting > choose disable error reporting ....

surf in peace!!!!

OP
Biplav

Biplav

In the zone
its all the same site expert no.1
but even after disabling the error reeporting i still get the msg. though now the no. of times/min has reduced considerably! but still i get the msg.

swatkat

Technomancer
expertno.1 said:
hey it also told to go to regerror.com

please visit regerror and see what it says
LOL, why would you want to go for regerror.com? It is spam. Do not go to any websites listed there.

swatkat

Technomancer
Do you have a firewall?
Download Shoot the messenger and run it.
Download and run our small (22 kbyte) "ShootTheMessenger.exe" utility. It will display the current status of your system's Messenger Service. The button near the bottom of its window will allow you to set the service to whichever state — running or disabled — that you desire.

If, for any reason, you should ever choose to re-enable the Windows Messenger Service, simply re-run ShootTheMessenger to do so.
*grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

OP
Biplav

Biplav

In the zone
Thanx Swat cat . i havent got any error messages 4 the past 5 mins now. One more query though-which is the best registry cleaner? i got to know about Reg Seeker from a chip mag.
so can u tell me which other can do well?

anandk

Distinguished Member
tune-up utilities, ace utilities, system mechanic have a one month trial version. you cud use them. they remove all invalid entries during this time ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom