Windows Property sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivekphlp

Broken In
hi ALL,
1)can anyone plz tell me how to disable the "property sheet" of any file..
When we right click we will see a context menu with the last one as properties.. which will display a set of properties such as General, Security etc. i want to disable this sheet...
2) how to "grey" the read only property of a file ... .

I need the registry keys for the same...

help me plz...

Last edited:

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Already ur question(created by u ) answered @ *www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1580191#post1580191

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remove the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FileClass\ShellEx\PropertySheetHandlers which contains CLSIDs of property sheet shell extensions as subkeys.

FileClass is a class of the file.
A file can have several classes!

All the regular files are of class *
All the regular files and directories are of class AllFilesystemObjects.
All the directories are of class Directory
All the directories and namespace extension folders (such as the control panel or the Printers folder), are of class Folder
Files of extension .XXX are of class whose the name is the default value of the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.XXX

Quote:
2) how to disable the read only property of a file ... .

Use GetFileAttributes(), then, remove the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY flag from the set of flags returned, and then, call SetFileAttributes().

Quote:
I need the registry keys for the same...

Read only file attributes are not stored in the registry base.

OP
V

vivekphlp

Broken In
SuperKoko said:
Remove the key

Use GetFileAttributes(), then, remove the FILE_ATTRIBUTE_READONLY flag from the set of flags returned, and then, call SetFileAttributes().

Read only file attributes are not stored in the registry base.

Even though i set the property as READ ONLY the users can change that property by right clicking the file and taking the GENERAL PROPERTY of that file.
He wil uncheck the read only property and its done...
I dont want this to happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom