Windows Mobile 5 (i Mate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hello,

my friend has IMATE with windows mobile 5. and he has activated mobile office from airtel .so after entering all the setting for that. but internet is not working in it . he contacted to customer care and he(man from airtel) said that all is working here problem is with ur phone .

means does he need to update something ( internet explorer mobile)

can it be updated to windows mobile 6 ( legally free of charge ) ?

or is there any other problem ?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Which model of imate is he using ? And yes,I am fairly confident that gprs hasnt been configured correctly on the phone!

Pat

Beyond Smart
This should be your checklist:
1:>On the phone make sure you have setup the connection as GPRS
2:>Access Point Name is correct
3:>Proxy server setup is correct

If you tell me the model number,I will able to tell you if it is possible to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6!

Pat

Beyond Smart
I am using the same model :) And yes,Airtel MO and Airtel NOP both work on the phone!

Coming to the important part,YES, the phone can be upgraded to Windows Mobile 6..It can also be upgraded to one of the "Touch" variants.Head over to xda-developers forum for more info..If you need any help let me know..

OP
clmlbx

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ is that a update or upgrade ?
where can I find windows mobile 6?

have you updated or upgraded it ?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Sorry..I meant "Upgraded"! You can check out xda-developers forum for more info! The phone is called "HTC Wizard"! Check out the forum and you will find hundreds of ROMs for the wizard! Pick one of your choice and install it! But before doing that,make sure the phone is CID Unlocked!

My recommendation:
Read this to learn how to upgrade:
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298613

ROM you should first try:
*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341550

Download the one with TouchFLO!

Alternatively,check out the developer section on that forum! It has a lot of interesting apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom