Windows media player vanished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manxish

Broken In
After installing Service pack 2 the media player is no where in the pc.This is the only player I use and never installed any other player.Plz tell where to look or what to do in order to bring it back.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Strange... since SP2 installs WMP 10 along with the updates. Try going to C:/Program Files/Windows Media Player and run wmplayer.exe ?

T

titun

How did u installed service pack 2 ? Used only the pack or XP SP 2 slip stream cd ? Windows Media Player cannot be removed automatically if you did not manually tried to . Please write in detail what steps u took to install Service Pack 2.

OP
M

Manxish

Broken In
I only clicked the setup icon of sp2,installed it and after restarting when I played a song an error message appeared(unable to find media player)and the torch was moving.

anandk

Distinguished Member
well, all said and done, if the wmp isnt there in C:/Program Files/Windows Media Player, reinstall it by a separate wmp10 download or from autopatcher. :)

OP
M

Manxish

Broken In
I was able to track the cause of the problem.It happened when I installed Tweak Xp 4 Pro I made some changes to the settings including the changing of program installation directory then all the files in C:\Program Files got transferred to D:\Program Files and after installing sp2 something happened to those files.Now what should I do inorder to get WMP back.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
now just go control panel>add remove programs>change the tab to add/remove windows components>now check w.m.p in checkbox(if already checked then uncheck)>click next.u might require xp cd.

if is was checked(now u unchecked it)then repeat the above steps and aging check wmp.

hope it works !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom