Windows media player not playing sound!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_shake

Broken In
I have no idea why this is happening but its only window media player which is not playing sound. Even when I open a video file it plays the video and shows the sound playing graph in the bottom tab, but no sound comes out from the speakers.
I played the same file in Nero Showtime and the sound was coming properly.
Help!!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
abhi_shake said:
I have no idea why this is happening but its only window media player which is not playing sound. Even when I open a video file it plays the video and shows the sound playing graph in the bottom tab, but no sound comes out from the speakers.
I played the same file in Nero Showtime and the sound was coming properly.
Help!!

is the problem with particular video or all video and audio files have no sound in WMP???

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Go to:
> Tools>Options
> Devices tab
> Select> Speakers and click Properties
> In the Speaker Properties menu..
> Sound playback> It should be 'Default Directsound device'.
Refer the snap-shot...

*i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/kiran_rkk/wmarkkr.jpg

OP
abhi_shake

abhi_shake

Broken In
@kiran :- will try... the problems in my laptop and i don't have it right now, so will tell u afterwards if it worked or not.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Did you try Winamp or any other program to open the same sound file? Can you hear sound in this case?

prasad_den

Padawan
Do you get any error messages? Play an audio file and find out if you see any error message. Also, have you installed any soundcard, or any other application related to sound in the recent past?

shantanu

Technomancer
there is no codec problem for sure as you are playing sounds in NERO SHOWTIME so can be a error of WMPLAYER check for reinstallations and device settings in options as in pic

OP
abhi_shake

abhi_shake

Broken In
i can hear sound in every software except Windows Media Player.

@shantanu - could you clarify by what you mean reinstallations anddevice settings?

abhijangda

Padawan
Reinstall your Windows Media Player. If you don't have set up of WMP then Go to Control Panel then Add/Remove Programs. Then Go to Add/Remove Windows Component. Find Window Media then uncheck it then click Next. WMP will be uninstall. To reinstall follow the same procedure but instead of unchecking you must check hte option. It should work. Note: This is for Windows XP only if you have WMP 10 or 11 then they will uninstalled and WMP 8 or WMP 9 will be installed. You can ask many things from me about Softwares and Hardware as my friend and my family says me Computer Engineer (not joking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom