Windows Media Player 11 beta: Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Microsoft is all set to release the next version of Windows Media player 11 for windows XP sometime in June & an official beta is releasing on 18 May with a final RTM set to release in June end

However the beta version, is leaked on the internet, the build number is 11.0.5358.4826

The new WMP 11 is a huge update over the old WMP11 & now just like windows vista UI the classic menu is hidden, by default, but can be enabled again

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/1513/14dh4.jpg

The new Player has lot less clutter then before, but again, a plethora of menus, which might confuse a new user
The biggest improvement is Media Library & Find as u type. I can't justify the library feature cos I hardly use it, & it doesn't support mp4 files natively, besides I only got 102 songs

The Mini mode has been updated, just like before, it now has the black-blue theme, & quite good

*img275.imageshack.us/img275/1584/1451299957b8fd52966o5bw.jpg

One thing which is not in WMP is minimize to tray, natively. Although there are hacks, but they don't work with WMP11.

The cross icon there is due to the fact, that I chose to download & install the urge service which is not available in India & it is taking lot of time to download it, 15 mins on 128 kbps broadband & still downloading, so if u install it, I advice not to install urge

The installation process requires that U have genuine windows, although workaround are now available on the internet. It will import the old database or make a new one depending on the condition

Over all, this new version is marvelous, really good & specially a boon to those who have plethora of music, the integration with portable devices has been further improved & u get an option weather to convert the file on transfer or not

*img85.imageshack.us/img85/8264/snag00002pq.jpg

*img167.imageshack.us/img167/306/snag00019gu.jpg

ashfame

Padawan
Thanks for the info but u r a senior member & u are posting in the wrong section.
It should be in Technology news.
Mods move the following thread to place it should belong.

OP
G

gxsaurav

I kinda like it no, just downloaded the Tag extander plugin, so now i get tag support for m4a, else i will switch to wma.

Library rox, better then itunes library

& so far, i m having a hard time, working with it in the taskbar, damn, when will MS add minimise to tray option

go4saket

Thanks for the info, but this should be in the News section and not in software troubleshooting section...

OP
G

gxsaurav

well. According to Neowin, MS is releasing WMP 11 official beta today, even their webpage is updated

anyway, i have switched, no more Winamp for me, I have downloaded DFX for Windows media player, & i m gonna use it as my default player, i also got a small application made in VC++, which can minimize anything to tray (windows minimiser) so no more Winamp

OP
G

gxsaurav

here is it, minimised to tray

*img110.imageshack.us/img110/1936/wmpm4ak.jpg

vysakh

Padawan
does it have that toolbar ?? i really liked the toolbar

also its using up 27k of memory!! thats pretty heavy

OP
G

gxsaurav

Microsoft has released Windows Media Player official Beta today

Direct Download Link 22.9 MB

The build number is

Leaked: 11.0.5358.4826
Official: 11.0.5358.4827

Just a minor update, so if u already have the leaked built, don't bother re-downloading

More info can be found on Windows Media Player 11 homepage

OP
G

gxsaurav

what u have just posted is the illegal method of installing WMP11, i don't think this is allowed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom