Windows Media Player 10 error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I have a laptop with Pentium M 1.6 Ghz processor on 915 motherboard with 768 MB RAM.
Whenever I use WMP 10 to play the Video DVD's I get the follwing error -

"Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. Open Display in Control Panel, and then lower your screen resolution and color quality settings. To view the DVD Troubleshooter, click More Information."

This prb persists even if I lower the resolution from 1280*768 to 1024*768
I have no problem playing DVD's with Media Player Classic (K-lite Codec pack). I have all the necessary drivers & codecs installed.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Do you get a code like C00D116D or C00D116A along with that error?

The DVD support in Windows Media Player has always relied on a third parties DVD decoder to decode the MPEG-2 video that is on every DVD. If you are having problems playing DVD's the first thing you should try is to reinstall your DVD decoder on-top of itself.

Go to Start | Run | Type DVDUPGRD /Detect. This should list the DVD decoder installed. You will have to reinstall the decoder as it may have got damaged.

Do reply what you are confronted to. :wink:

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
I dont get the C00D116D or C00D116A error dvdupgrd /detect returns d foll error...

No decoders found
w2k upgrade = no
w9x upgrade =no
LCID=0409

So what shud I reinstall... WMP10 or K-Lite

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Sadly, not many of the DVD decoders today are freewares. So, until and unless you download a full version of InterVideo or PowerDVD,...

But yes, you can install K-Lite codec-pack or alternatively(containing CyberLink Decoder), install Nero Start Smart, which also has a good DVD plugin.

Hope you enjoy your long-awaited movies.! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom