Windows Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
Is windows longhorn worth upgrading to from Win XP Pro edition?? If it is better then can Windows XP & Plus for Windows XP challenge windows longhorn???

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
What are you talking about? No one can answer that for certain until Longhorn actually comes out. And its not like you think where Longhorn is just a souped up MCE for it to be "replaced" by Windows XP with the Plus! enhancement. (XP and Plus! can't even replace the MCE) Longhorn is touted to sport a lot of major changes and will be the first to completely revamp the codebase and move in with major overhauls to the display, the kernel and the whole enchilada. XP itself was based on the 2000 codebase. Its not even clear now exactly what features Longhorn will ship with and what features will be "added on" after it does.
We will just have to wait until 2006 to know for certain.

babumuchhala

In the zone
What the hell are u talking about man.Its still in alpha stage. Longhorn is just the codename. Heres the link fr the latest Longhorn timetable
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9839

Well when it comes out in Mid 2006(hopefully if MS dosent delay it again) it will be worth every peny is wat i feel

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
LONGHORN>>> COme on.. We cannot even guess what it will be. Actually, the LONGHORN Tranformation Pack shows only about 5% of the total changes MS is going to make in LONGHORN.. It cannot be compared to XP (without SP2) bcoz of security features, look-and-feel, source code and almost everything...
So stop making castles in the air and wait till mid-2006...
>> Siddhartha

Tech&ME

Banned
It is very difficult to say anything as of now, but its for sure microsoft is really going to come up with its new OS with major changes and tht too with enchancements like the Plus! enchancement , more better one may be. Microsoft is also going to add a new format like we have the NTFS format as of now in Windows XP, LONGHORN may have further new type of formats and security features.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
yup! mates! LONGHORN is supposed to ROCK the OS department with its advancements & everything else ..

I'm dieing to get a copy of it .. but its too early for my eagerness!! its still a long time to come ...

But yes! i like windows ... think it is much better than free LINUX ... so i'll pay for MS's new OS LONGHORN!

According to Microsoft announcements ..it seems to have HELL lot of changes including the GUI standards ..... kernel ... memory managements... etc etc etc .. :roll:

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Tech&Me said:
Microsoft is also going to add a new format like we have the NTFS format as of now in Windows XP, LONGHORN may have further new type of formats and security features.

Bah! WinFS is already running into problems and Microsoft has already said that it will not work "the way its supposed/designed to" in Longhorn until an update is released for full support. And I'm getting the total heebie-jeebies just thinking of the issues that will inevitably crop up with Palladium.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
ask ur self..... what let ms down?? well the virus thret.... if ms has a OS that is seffer & crash free, then its defnetly worth ur money

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Technically, if you see, Microsoft Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 users have had to fix a LOT lesser bugs than users of any other OS including all major Linux distros and Mac OS. Also, Microsoft has the habit of releasing fixes (recent ones at least) in record time after the vulnerabilities are announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom