Windows live messenger default browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

sg1

On a quest for knowledge!
My default browser is Mozilla Firefox but if I click on my MSN messenger Hotmail link, it loads up in IE7:confused:

When I was using Avant Browser as my default browser, it worked fine in MSN(I guess it was due to Avant browser being a Skinned version of IE;)
)
But is it possible to get Firefox to open when using my MSN messenger?

legolas

Padawan
seems u need an external plugin.
*www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/01/27/open-hotmail-with-firefox-from-windows-live-messenger/

OP
sg1

sg1

Try to set Firefox as Default browser in "Set Programs access & computer Defaults" manually. It'll help.
I take that as a "bit" of an insult:(
Don't you think that was one of the first things I would have tried??;);)

BY the way.........It didn't help!!:rolleyes:

seems u need an external plugin.
*www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2008/01/27/open-hotmail-with-firefox-from-windows-live-messenger/

Thanks I will give it a try:D

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I take that as a "bit" of an insult:(
Don't you think that was one of the first things I would have tried??;);)
Really? But I didnt mean it as an insult. I was just trying to help you cause most of the time we forget those small things which we should check first.

btw, I meant with manually setting Firefox as default browser by using the last "Custom" section in default Programs window.

legolas

Padawan
^ ^ Vishal Gupta, I searched for all these things and tried every possible solution. Nothing worked, when I found in another site that it can be done only with additional plugins! :(
Its just a sad truth, its integrated with msn messenger to open in IE. people recommended as another option to use the web messenger msn instead of windows live msn messenger...

OP
sg1

sg1

Well I guess I could always just do it Via logging into Firefox browser first and just setting a bookmark to Hotmail:rolleyes: It will only be a couple of extra clicks;)

It wouldn't really be an issue if IE wasn't so sh*t:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom