1. Hi Guest
    We are running a survey about laptop service in India, and we'd love your inputs. Please help us improve the quality of laptop servicing, and if you've had any bad experiences, now is the time to be heard.
    Take the survey

Windows Live Mail & Windows Live Messenger Problems

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by adit_sen, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adit_sen

adit_sen New Member

Hi..
    I just recieved invites for windows live mail and windows live messeger. I signed up for both, but both are giving me issues. I know that its the beta versions, and i'm not to expect 100% flawless working, but even the basics are giving me problems...

1. For Windows Live Messenger, I dont have my contact list anymore! Once I sign in, I get a message 'You have no contacts on your list'. If I dont have any contacts, how am I supposed to test the beta??? But if I login using MSN WebMessenger (webmessenger.msn.com), my contacts are still there. Any solutions to this?

2. For Windows Live Mail, I cannot get the new interface to work! I have IE7 Beta and Firefox 1.5. On both the browsers, I only get the classic interface. If I go to the options and choose to get the new interface, in IE, I get a blank screen, and in firefox it reverts back to the classic interface...Any fixes for this too??

Thankx..
    Peace..

Aditya

2. prankie

prankie D PrankMaster

Strange problem!!!
    Abt messenger live i dunno whats the problem...
    i get to see my entire adress book when i open it...
    and abt live mail, i think it works fine only in IE6 coz i also get to see classic view when i open my acc. in Opera, but when i access thru IE6 i get the modern view

3. dissel

dissel Active Member

But do you people know how to chat with them ? ......I am sign in Via Opera or FF1.5 but when i click the contact icon (under online)in web interface it opens Tab/page where i can E-mail them.....Is it all (for beta)....no chat only E-mailing or in future it may allow...?

Or am I not geting the feature ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.